Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Recaps of my Disney World Wedding (Dec. 13, 2003)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ead79 Offline
Elisabeth, Princess of the Lizard Lounge

Pop Century forum modEARator emEARitus

Group: modEARator emEARitus
Posted: Nov. 21, 2004, 10:11 pm Quote

Rich asked me to post my recaps from my Disney World wedding over on this forum.  I hope you all enjoy them!  I'm more than happy to answer any questions if you have any at all.

Days before the wedding:

December 11:

We left Atlanta bright and early at 8:00 with our two SUVs loaded with stuff.  We had 7 people’s luggage plus all the wedding stuff, so we were quite the caravan.  My dad drove one car with my grandmother on my dad’s side and my fiancé, Colin.  My mom drove the other car with me, my grandmother on my mom’s side, and my matron of honor, Melissa.  We have a tradition of eating at the Cracker Barrel in Valdosta, GA, on the way down to Disney World.  The French toast really hit the spot!  We didn’t make the best time on the drive down, so it took us about 9 and a half hours to get to WDW (it’s usually about 8 hours).  

We pulled up to the Grand Floridian and some of the crew got out to check in.  My grandmother and my parents got checked in easily, but as luck would have it CRO had lost my reservation.  Somehow I actually remained calm, and the sweet lady at the front desk was extremely helpful.  She called CRO, and we finally got the whole mess all straightened out.  I had an annual passholder rate at the GF, and it somehow got put in one of my bridesmaid’s name.  Room key finally in hand, we went off to find our room.  My wedding block and I were all blocked in the Sago Cay building, which was located very conveniently right next to the main building.  The rooms are very cheerfully decorated, and they are luxurious and large.  

My other grandmother got checked in at the All Star Movies, and they were able to honor my room request for her with a first floor room in the Toy Story building (I wanted to minimize her walking to the bus stop).  Colin checked in to the Caribbean Beach Resort in the Martinique Building (#23).  

I had a little surprise up my sleeve for my matron of honor and best friend, Melissa.  She and I went to dinner at Kona Café at the Polynesian, then I pulled out two tickets to that night’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.  She was so thrilled that she nearly cried!  She and I went to the party and had a wonderful time.  The crowds were quite light, and we enjoyed the attractions until a little before 11 when we decided to leave.  Unfortunately I was too excited to get much sleep that night.  

December 12:

After a long night of tossing and turning, I woke up for my hair and makeup trial run.  I was a little confused about my trial run time (don’t ask me how I got confused, but I did, LOL), so I was a little late, much to my embarrassment (I hate being late).  Lisa did my makeup, and Lilly did my hair.  They were terrific!  I can’t say enough good things about them.  My makeup looked natural, yet very elegant.  Lisa matched my skin tone perfectly, which can be tricky since I am very fair skinned.  I showed Lilly some pictures of a hairstyle I wanted, and she did it perfectly.  It was gorgeous!  Any nerves I had about my hair or makeup not looking perfect instantly melted away.  Lilly took down my hair (so it would be a surprise on the wedding day), and I was off to my bridesmaids luncheon at the Grand Floridian’s Garden View Lounge where the tea is held.

Three friends of my mom hosted the luncheon on my behalf, and they did a terrific job.  First we were offered tea and champagne or sparkling cider.  We were then served shrimp cocktail, which was absolutely delicious!  My godmother is from the North Carolina coast (where seafood is truly excellent and fresh), and she declared it to be the best shrimp cocktail she had ever tasted!  The next course consisted of finger sandwiches.  I remember there being a watercress one, a chicken salad one, a salmon one, and a pear sandwich.  Next came the most delicious scone with Devonshire cream.  Following that we had choices for dessert.  I had the English trifle (WONDERFUL! ), and the others at my table had either trifle, a jam tart, or assorted pastries and a chocolate covered strawberry.  My mom’s friends had arranged for a charm pull cake, which was a lot of fun.  I got the airplane charm, signifying that I will travel in the future.  (You bet I will, I’m coming back to Disney World of course! )  

Following the luncheon, we shopped in the stores at the Grand Floridian until it was time to get ready for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  The Wedding Pavilion was being used that evening, so our rehearsal was held in the Grand Floridian Convention Center.  Everyone seemed calm, and the rehearsal went off without a hitch.  Rev. Jack was terrific, and it was great to finally meet him in person.  He’s a very kind, funny person.  It seemed very surreal that it was my wedding rehearsal after having been in two friends’ weddings earlier this year.  It still didn’t seem real.  I was actually more tense than I thought I would be.  I wasn’t really nervous about anything in particular; I just felt tension in general.

After the rehearsal, we went over to the Polynesian Resort for the rehearsal dinner at ‘Ohana.  It has always been a favorite restaurant of ours, and it was a fun place to have the dinner.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, but I was too tense to eat much.  After the dinner, my bridesmaids and I had a sleepover at the Grand Floridian.  The guys all stayed over at the Caribbean Beach.  This worked out very well, as having my friends around helped relieve some tension.  We walked around outside the GF, and we even went over to look at the Wedding Pavilion (which was closed for the evening, however).  As we were headed back to the resort, we saw the Magic Kingdom fireworks.  They were terrific!  

Back in our connecting rooms, we played a fun game Melissa brought for us to play.  She said it was based on a game called Catch Phrase that works a lot like $10,000 Pyramid.  You have to get your partner to guess what the word is without saying it.  We used all wedding words, and it was a great game.  We then went to bed around 11:30, and I finally got some sleep thanks to Tylenol PM.  Boy that is some wonderful medicine—no bride should be without it!

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
ead79 Offline

Posted: Nov. 21, 2004, 10:12 pm Quote

December 13—the BIG day!

I was able to get some sleep the night before the big day thanks to the wonders of Tylenol PM.  I woke up at around 9:00, 30 minutes before the scheduled wake up call from Mickey.  My bridesmaids were already awake in the connecting room, so I went in there.  We had a great time visiting for a while before it was time for me to get ready to go to breakfast with my parents.

My parents and I went over to Kona Café at the Polynesian Resort for a special last breakfast before my wedding.  I had the Tonga Toast (a banana-stuffed, cinnamon French toast), which was excellent—I was too excited to eat very much of it though.  I was able to give them both their gifts—embroidered handkerchiefs with a special message, and my wedding date on them.  We shed a few tears, then laughed at ourselves for crying over breakfast.  After breakfast we went back over to the Grand Floridian, where my dad took a nap.  My mom and I still had some time to spare before we needed to begin getting ready, so we went for a nice, relaxing walk around the grounds of the GF.  It was really wonderful getting to spend a few minutes together before the hustle and bustle of the day began.

After our stroll, it was time to start getting ready.  We took our showers, and got all the stuff ready to take over to the convention center where we would all be getting ready.  When we got over to the convention center, we found out that our dressing room had been changed to the Whitehall Room and Patio.  It’s really a very charming room, and I think it would be lovely for a reception or pre-reception venue.  It’s not very large though, so a smaller guest list would be a requirement.  

Only one of my bridesmaids was on time, but the rest soon followed.  A lady from Carolyn Allen’s had arrived and was steaming/pressing the bridesmaids dresses and my gown.  She did a lovely job and was very efficient.  Irene (she is such a hoot! ) started working on my matron of honor’s hair, and Lilly got started on my hair.  Then Lisa did my makeup, as well as the makeup of all the other girls.  They truly did a fabulous job!  I felt so elegant, yet I looked like myself.  All the girls looked terrific as well.  I highly recommend Lilly, Lisa, and Irene.

After our hair and makeup, a sweet friend of my mom’s brought over some water and crackers with cheese for us all.  For the first time all day I was actually hungry, and I ate several crackers, which really hit the spot.  Just a few minutes later the floral arrived.  It was truly BEAUTIFUL!  The floral team at Disney really is worth every penny.  The flowers were even prettier than I imagined.  My bouquet was filled with beautiful deep red roses (the variety is called “black magic”), hypericum berries, and holly leaves.  There were also crystals scattered throughout the bouquet.  It was so heavy!  The girls’ bouquets had white roses with hypericum berries and holly.  They looked wonderful with their deep red dresses.

I couldn’t believe it, but it was finally time for me to get dressed.  It took so many people to get me in the dress that it was pretty comical.  Once I saw myself I did a double take.  I felt so elegant and regal with my hair, makeup, wedding gown, and tiara.  The flowers went with my gown perfectly, and it looked just like I had dreamed.  My mom and my girls all got ready, helping each other fix the short trains on their dresses (which turned out to be a little complicated).  Before I knew it, it was time to head over to the lobby of the Grand Floridian for pictures.  We got there to find that the lobby was jam packed with people.  I guess they were all there to see the Christmas decorations and the huge gingerbread house.  I felt like an e-ticket attraction, LOL!  There were literally people staring at us all over the place, even the second story balcony.  It was honestly a little intimidating having all those people look at you.  Richard, the kind older gentleman at the Grand, helped me with my train while Randy Chapman took pictures.  Then my EM Laura came up and said she had a question for me that I definitely wasn’t expecting.  There was a Japanese film crew there that wanted to know if they could film me for the Japanese morning show (sort of like Good Morning America).  I said sure, and they took some time filming me.  So I might be on TV in Japan, how weird is that, LOL!  It was actually pretty hot in the lobby, so Laura brought me some water.  I think it finally hit me that I was getting married that day too.  After pictures it was time to head over to the Wedding Pavilion.  

It certainly is a challenge to get into and out of a limo with a wedding gown on!  After my not-so-graceful exit from the limo, we headed into the Bride’s Vestibule.  I could hear my bridesmaids laughing in the room next door, and it put a smile on my face.  My parents and I spent a few moments together, then it was time for my mom to walk down the aisle.  My dad and I talked for a few more minutes while the processional went on.  

Then it was finally my turn!  I walked up to the doors, then Laura asked if I was ready.  I took my dad’s arm, and the doors flew open.  What a surreal feeling that was!  I could hear the music in the background, and I saw all our friends and family looking at my dad and I.  It was rather intimidating, so I focused on my matron of honor and then on Colin as I got closer to the front of the pavilion.  I remember that my dad did such a terrific job.  He kept me calm, and he even slowed us down when I started trying to walk too quickly.  I know it must have been a bittersweet moment for him, but he was really my rock.  

When we got up to the front of the pavilion, I saw Colin beaming from ear to ear.  I felt much more relaxed when I saw him and saw that he was calm and happy.  My dad gave me away, and Colin and I joined hands.  Rev. Jack did a great job with the ceremony.  It expressed what we wanted it to say, with a Christian focus, just as we had requested.  When the time came for the vows, Colin forgot to repeat them after Rev. Jack.  I didn’t even notice, but Colin finally figured out that he was supposed to say them, LOL!  I also made a little boo boo during the vows, by saying “I do” instead of “I will.”  Oh well, we’re still married! ;-)  The time then came for the lighting of the unity candle.  I could hear the music playing in the background, and it was really lovely.  I accidentally tried to light my unity candle off of a little tea light they had in the back of the floral arrangement (I think it was there in case the mothers’ candles went out), but Rev. Jack caught my attention before I messed it up.  It’s funny how it seems so simple to do everything correctly until it’s actually happening.  After the unity candle lighting, we had a prayer time on the kneeling benches, which I was really glad that we did.  It was a special time in the ceremony where we could reflect and take in the moment.  We had a little trouble getting the correct hands for the exchanging of the rings, but we finally got it right.  I loved seeing that band on Colin’s hand!  I can’t believe all the little troubles we had, but it still came off perfectly.  Before I knew it, Rev. Jack was introducing us as the new Mr. and Mrs. Colin O’Brien.  We’re finally married!!!  We walked back down the aisle as husband and wife.

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
ead79 Offline

Posted: Nov. 21, 2004, 10:13 pm Quote

Wedding Day—after the ceremony

After our ceremony, Colin and I had a few moments together in the Bride’s Vestibule.  It was nice getting to spend just that little bit of time together.  It definitely didn’t seem “real” to us that we were actually married.  It’s kind of funny really, you wait your whole life to find the man of your dreams, then we had a forever-long engagement (22 months), then in just about 20 minutes you become man and wife.

We had our staged exit, which we did without any bubbles or confetti or anything.  I was worried that it might be a little strange to not have anything tossed, but it worked out great.  Everybody just clapped and cheered for us.  It was pretty funny that it took us forever to make our way over to the bride and get across it.  My dress was heavy, and I had to carry it and my bouquet, which slowed me way down.  One of my friends tried to give me a high five when I walked by, but I just laughed and said that I didn’t have a hand (it was full of wedding gown train at the moment), LOL!

After our staged exit we returned to the Wedding Pavilion where we had photos with the family.  I remember standing there and noticing the floral person taking the wreaths off the ends of the pews to move them to the reception.  I looked over at Colin and said, ”Did you even notice the wreaths?”  He hadn’t seen them either, but they sure looked nice when we finally noticed them.  Soon it was time for pictures with the family, then we made our way over to the Italy Isola for our pre-reception.

It was really fun to walk through the crowds at World Showcase to get to the Italy Isola.  We got lots of congratulations from passers by as were we led to the Italy Isola by the cast members with light sticks.  The only things I tasted at my pre-reception were the non-alcoholic punch and the chicken salad on bread.  They were both tasty, but I didn’t want to hold the punch since it was bright pink and I can be a bit klutzy.  The violinist from the ceremony was playing for some of our guests who really seemed to be enjoying her (some of them were even making requests).  She was really talented!  

I can say without a doubt that the Illuminations pre-reception was completely worth the cost.  It was such a magical, special event for both Colin and I and for our guests.  Everyone was mesmerized.  The view from the Italy Isola is incredible—I saw parts of the show that I had never seen before.  We stood alone on the bridge over to the Isola, where our photographer and videographer were able to get some shots of us watching Illuminations.  I would do this party again in a heartbeat!

After Illuminations, we headed over to the American Adventure Rotunda where we were able to catch a glimpse of the room all decorated before our guests were brought in.  It was honestly everything I had dreamed of and more.  It looked picture perfect!  I had worried that the chair covers and table overlays I chose might not look good on the tables, but I loved them.  The floral centerpieces were just what I wanted, and the large roman-style head table for the bridal party and us looked so elegant with the Christmas garland and votives down the center of it.  Our wedding cake looked positively incredible!  It was HUGE!  I couldn’t believe how large that white chocolate castle topper was—we have it at home now, and I can’t bear to even taste it.  It’s just too pretty to eat.  

As our guests were entering the Rotunda, we were hidden away in the Blue Room just off the main Rotunda.  Our entertainment manager, head server, and DJ were introduced to us and talked with us for a while as we waited for our guests to find their place cards and take their seats.  Then the time for introductions arrived.  Our bridal party was introduced, then we were introduced to the strains of the trumpeter.  “Now introducing for the first time as husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Colin Jayes O’Brien!”  I had forgotten that the trumpeter would be there, but it sounded really neat (rather like a royal introduction).  The DJ, Scott Messina, had the bridal party stand behind us while we had our first dance.  They actually swayed to the song, which I think will look neat on the video.  Our first dance was “Unchained Melody” by the Righteous Brothers, followed by our combined father/daughter and mother/son dance to “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion.  It’s pretty funny dancing up there knowing that everyone is staring at you.  Colin decided that we did the “wedding waddle,” as he calls it, quite well, LOL!  

After the dances it was time for the toast and blessing.  Steven, the Best Man, did a lovely job with the toast.  He even got a little bit choked up, which was really sweet.  Poor guy, I had forgotten to tell him that he needed to do the blessing as well.  Luckily, he did several plays in high school and was comfortable winging it.  I can’t believe I forgot to tell him that!  Colin and I opened our secret gift from Fairy Tale Weddings, then it was time for dinner.  The servers came to take us through the line (we had stations instead of a seated dinner).  Colin just couldn’t believe that someone was going to walk him through the line and get his food, LOL!  He thought that was the neatest thing.  The food looked wonderful, but we were too excited to eat much at all.  All our guests did seem to be enjoying the meal very much.  As our guests were finishing their meals, we took time to walk around the tables and greet the guests.  Boy did we underestimate how much time this would take!  My word of advise to other brides is to try to do this quickly.  We ended up spending about half of our reception trying to speak to each guest, and we only had 77 people there (I can’t imagine how brides with large weddings do it!;).  In the middle of making the table rounds, it was time to cut the cake.  It was so pretty that it almost seemed like a shame to cut it.  Colin and I fed our bites to each other nicely with no cake smashing.  I told him that he better not get cake all over me in my wedding gown, especially since we were taking pictures the next day.  Those bites ended up being the only taste we got of our cake, but it was delicious.  I wish we had made time to eat a slice, but we weren’t hungry and were busy spending time with our guests.  My mother ended up giving our leftover cake to one of the bus drivers, which I wish she hadn’t done.  She had forgotten that we had a mini-fridge in our room where we could have kept it.  Oh well, we do have the castle topper, which was most important to me.  

After finishing the table greeting, we danced for a while.  Our DJ was really great at playing a good mix of music.  A good number of our guests didn’t dance, but he did a good job of getting those that weren’t set against it onto the dance floor.  We had a lot of fun dancing with our wedding party, but boy is it tiring.  Also, it’s very difficult to do the electric slide with a huge wedding gown on.  I kept getting in everyone’s way, LOL!  Surprisingly, all of Colin’s aunts and uncles left right after the meal.  I’m not really sure why they all had to leave, but oh well.  All of our guests seemed to be having fun dancing and mingling.  After that it was time for the garter and bouquet tosses.  I had taken my garter off (it kept sliding down), so we had to scramble to get it back on so Colin could take it off.  Colin’s best man Steven caught the garter, his sixth one to catch.  I guess it’s about time he get married, LOL!  I actually got to throw my bouquet from the second floor of the Rotunda, which was fun.  The girlfriend of a family friend caught it, so we’ll wait to see if they get married. J  As 12:45 am rolled around, we noticed that most of the guests had gone back to their resorts (several of them had kids that they left with babysitters), so Laura asked me if we wanted to wind it down a little early.  Colin and I were getting exhausted, so we said that ending it would be fine.  Unfortunately, our town car driver got lost trying to get to the Epcot back lot, so we didn’t get to leave until 1:15 am, when full exhaustion had begun to set in.  I didn’t anticipate being so tired, but it’s just part of the release of tension I think.  Our last dance was to the song “Promise” from Disney’s Millennium Celebration CD, and I loved dancing to it.  All our guests surrounded us, swaying to the song at first, then coming up around us and going back out again.  It was funny and was a nice ending to the evening, so I hope that either Stan (the videographer) or Randy (the photographer) were still there to get it on film.  After the last dance, our guests made a line outside the American Adventure Rotunda and waved goodbye.  Colin and I were so tired, but we were so happy!  Our wedding really was a dream come true for us, and we would do it all over again in a heartbeat (obviously, we’d still choose each other, LOL!;).  To all future Disney brides:  relax!  Disney really will make your day magical.  They are experts at what they do, and Mickey knows how to throw a fantastic wedding!

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
ead79 Offline

Posted: Nov. 21, 2004, 10:15 pm Quote

Things I’m Glad I Did:

1. Had my wedding at Disney World—it really was my dream wedding, and Disney handled everything wonderfully.  I felt like I received individualized attention even though Disney has so many brides each year.  There were so many special options that I could only have on my wedding day by having a Fairy Tale Wedding, and I couldn’t have made a better choice.

2. Illuminations pre-reception—I can say enough how glad I am that I had this event.  It was such an amazing experience for both Colin and I and for our guests.  The show was wonderful, and Colin and I kept looking at each other and saying how amazing it was that we were having a private viewing of the show.  I had considered not doing this for budget reasons, but it was the best decision I made to keep it.

3. American Adventure Rotunda reception—this venue looked truly amazing all decorated.  It’s such a pretty venue that it really does not need any decoration.  The only things we added were chair and table covers and floral centerpieces, and the room looked so elegant.

4. Stayed at the Grand Floridian prior to the wedding—staying there made going to all the pre-wedding events and getting ready for the wedding itself very hassle-free.  Friends of our family hosted a bridal tea at the Grand Floridian, my rehearsal was at the convention center, and our rehearsal dinner was next door at the Polynesian, so it really was convenient to stay there before the big day.

5. Had pictures taken the day after the wedding—Randy Chapman came back the day after our wedding to take some more pictures of the two of us.  I chose not to do a Magic Kingdom portrait session because my wedding ended so early in the morning that we would not have gotten any sleep at all.  Randy came back the next day around 11:30, giving us a chance to get some sleep.  I was worried that this wouldn’t be worth the trouble of having another cosmetology appointment, getting up and getting re-dressed, etc., but it definitely was.  It’s such a short time period between your ceremony and pre-reception that it’s difficult for the photographer to have much time for photographs.  With Randy coming back the next day, we were able to get lots of pictures.  Plus, since we had an after-dark wedding, it was nice to get some daylight shots the next day.  We weren’t able to use the Wedding Pavilion for pictures (it was in-use), but we got lots of pictures around the Grand Floridian.  I’m very excited to see them!

6. Had a wedding video—Stan from STVS did our video (details on him in my vendor recaps to follow), and I’m so glad that we will have one.  There is so much going on the day of the wedding that I’m sure we missed lots of things.  I can’t wait to see my video to notice all the things I missed on the wedding day.  Plus, there are so many priceless moments that video can capture, like the sounds of our voices as we said our vows, my matron of honor tearing up, etc.  I think I would really have regretted it if I had not had the video done.

Things I Wish I Had Done Differently:

1. Given the groom a key to the honeymoon room before the wedding—I had checked in to our honeymoon room before the wedding and had received both key cards to get into the room.  Of course, I put them in my purse, which I never saw again until the day after the wedding.  It’s sort of funny how once you’re dressed and ready you don’t have anything with you at all.  After the wedding we were exhausted, and I didn’t have the key cards with me.  We had to go over to the front desk at 1:30 am and get new ones made.  To make a long story short, the keys ended up not working, and each set they re-made didn’t work either.  After three attempts to get into our room, they finally had to send a bellman up to open the door.  All of this hassle could’ve been avoided if I had given someone a key card to pass along to Colin.

2. Spent less time going to each table to greet guests—this ended up taking about half of our reception.  It was important to us to greet guests and thank them for coming, but we needed to do so more quickly.  We spent way too much time at each table, so judge your time carefully.

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
ead79 Offline

Posted: Nov. 21, 2004, 10:17 pm Quote

Vendor Recaps

Event Manager, Laura Kidd—

Laura was a true pleasure to work with, and I’m so glad I had her as my EM.  She always took time to answer my questions and present me with options.  She was very on top of things on the wedding day, and I felt like I was in very good hands.  She is extremely kind and professional, and took a genuine interest in making our day the best it could possibly be.  I highly recommend Laura.  I will actually miss talking with her now that my wedding is over!

Sales Manager, Pam Pearce—

Pam was a wonderful sales manager.  She was very helpful during our site visit, and she gave me several great options for my guest list size.  She was always very prompt in answering my questions and was helpful with initial budget estimation.  Pam is a joy to work with, and I highly recommend her as well.

Photographer, Randy Chapman, Chapman Photography—

Randy has been absolutely wonderful to work with.  I originally met with him during our site visit, and I knew immediately that I wanted him to be my photographer.  He is very friendly, and the work I have seen of his is wonderful.  I don’t have my proofs back yet (should be next week or the week after), but I think he took some really good shots.  Plus, I love his style of posed photos mixed with some candid shots as well.  Randy also did our engagement pictures when we went down for our planning session, and those turned out wonderfully.  We have gotten many compliments on them.  Also, Randy was willing to work it out with us to come back the day after the wedding and get some more shots of Colin and I.  I truly appreciated his flexibility, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him for a moment.

Videographer, Stan Severance, STVS Videos—

I spoke with Stan on the phone and via email before the wedding, but I never actually got to meet him in person until the wedding day.  He did a wonderful job getting important footage without being the slightest bit intrusive.  He really made me feel at ease, and all of his demo videos that I have seen are truly excellent.  I can’t wait to get my video!  I feel very confident that I will love it.

Floral, Cindy Braak, Disney Floral—

We met with Cindy during our planning session, and she was wonderful.  She seemed to understand exactly the look we wanted, and she made terrific suggestions.  The flowers for our wedding and reception were all we had hoped for and more.  They were unbelievably gorgeous!  Disney Floral might be a bit more expensive than some outside vendors, but for us they were worth every penny.  In all fairness I should mention that there was a problem with my bouquet not getting delivered back to me on the day after the wedding for my next-day photos.  Someone from the floral team had accidentally picked up my bouquet from the reception (they weren’t supposed to take it), then it did not get delivered to us for the photography the next day.  We did not actually get the bouquet back until about 3 days after our wedding (it still looked perfect though).  I did miss having it for my pictures, but accidents do happen.

DJ, Scott Messina, Messina Productions—

Scott was assigned to us as our DJ a little bit before the wedding.  I must confess that I was a little worried when I didn’t hear from him until 2 weeks before the wedding, but he was very friendly once he did contact me.  He did a great job mixing music for the reception, and he was very good at getting people on the dance floor.  I do wish that he had contacted me a little sooner because I would have liked to have had a chance to go over a few more details with him, but it worked out fine at the reception.  He was very professional, and I recommend him.

Musicians, trumpeter, organist and violinist, Disney Entertainment—

All our musicians were very good, particularly the violinist.  Our guests liked her so much that they were even making requests during the time before Illuminations began.  I was worried that I might get sub-par musicians (since you don’t get to hear them ahead of time), but they were all terrific.

Officiant, Rev. Jack Day—

Rev. Jack is such a sweet man.  He made us feel very special, even though I’m sure he does hundreds of wedding each year.  He has a wonderful, kind personality, and he understood exactly what type of ceremony we wanted.  Colin and I are both Christians, and we wanted a very religious ceremony even though we weren’t being married at a church.  He had a sample ceremony that was exactly what we wanted, so that worked out wonderfully.  The only problems I noticed were that the vows he had us say were not the same as the ones I had chosen from his sample ceremony that I picked (I think they were from a different ceremony) and he left in one very short couple of sentences that we had marked out.  That did bother me just a little, but the rest of the ceremony was so lovely that it didn’t really matter that much.  He really is very professional and efficient (he was great at the rehearsal), and I recommend him highly.

Calligraphy, Julie Linde—

A friend of our family happens to own a calligraphy business as a side job, and hers is honestly the most incredible calligraphy I have ever seen.  It was so perfect that some people thought a computer had done it.  She did both my invitations and my place cards.  I will have to scan and upload some of her work, because it’s absolutely wonderful.  Please let me know if you would like her info/samples, and I will let her know.  Two thumbs way, way up!

Favors, PSA Essentials—

Another Disneymooner (Leila) used PSA essentials for some favors for her rehearsal dinner, and I loved what she had.  I went to their website (www.psaessentials.com), and they had some terrific favors (their invitations and other products are wonderful as well.  I actually used them first for shower favors for a shower I gave my best friend.  For that shower we had place cards and cookie cutter favors, and for our wedding we had place cards and tins with smooth and melty mints in them as favors.  Their prices are very reasonable, and their work is fantastic.  I would definitely recommend them.  As an FYI, they have designs for all themes and types of weddings, including holiday weddings (holiday wedding stuff can be very difficult to find, so I thought it would be helpful info).  

Tuxedos, Dana at Gingiss Orlando—

Dana was such a joy to work with.  She was very helpful via email, and was great at the guys’ fitting too.  All of the tails fit wonderfully, as did my dad’s tuxedo.  I recommend them as well.

Cosmetology, Lisa, Irene and Lilly, Disney Cosmetology—

Lisa did my makeup, and Lilly did my hair.  They were terrific!  I can’t say enough good things about them.  My makeup looked natural, yet very elegant.  Lisa matched my skin tone perfectly, which can be tricky since I am very fair skinned.  I showed Lilly some pictures of a hairstyle I wanted, and she did it perfectly.  It was gorgeous!  Any nerves I had about my hair or makeup not looking perfect instantly melted away.  Irene did some of my bridesmaids’ hair, and they looked fantastic as well.  Plus, all the ladies had wonderful senses of humor, keeping us relaxed and entertained.  I recommend them all without hesitation.

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
ead79 Offline

Posted: Nov. 21, 2004, 10:21 pm Quote

Links to my wedding video summary and wedding pictures:

Here is a link to my wedding video summary (it's long, so you'll need to be on a fast internet connection probably).  My video was done by STVS videos, and we love it!

http://www.streamload.com/stvs/Davenport_Wedding

Here is a link to my wedding pictures.  Sorry they are so dark, I had to scan them in using my very old scanner.  The pictures are much clearer/straighter in real life.  They were done by Chapman Photography.  :)

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=9nofjoj.4g1gw5nb&x=0&y=nzoc60

Hope you enjoy them!

--------------
Elisabeth / ead79
Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Nov. 21, 2004, 10:53 pm Quote

I'm halfway through your wedding report, Elizabeth, but it is great to hear all about it. Thank you for sharing it with us!
:)

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Nov. 22, 2004, 2:48 am Quote

What a wonderful wedding... and you have such a great name too....  (My maiden name is O'Brien!  )  (I wrote a story once for school and actually named a character in it Colin O'Brien....small world, huh?  Drat, now I'll never get to sleep... those words make me think of the ride and that annoying song!!!!  ) :crazy:

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
DisneyScrapbooker Offline
Amy

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 22, 2004, 12:19 pm Quote

I have told my husband that I want to get married again - to him of course!!  But this time at Disney World!  We have been married almost 12 years now... maybe we can do it for a special 15th anniversary party!  Thanks for the great report!

--------------
-----AMY-----
Army Wife and Mom to Two Great Army Brats!

* 1978 - 1987 Disneyland - 10+ Trips * 1990 -2001: WDW - 5 Trips * June 2003: Disneyland * Sept 2004: Fort Wilderness (And 3 nights at All Star Sports thanks to Hurricane Jeanne! ) * Dec 2004:  Fort Wilderness * Dec 2005: Fort Wilderness * Aug 2007: All Star Movies * April 2009: All Star Music * Oct 2011 Disney Magic - Western Caribbean!*
Profile PM
disneyhottie0731 Offline
Kelly

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 22, 2004, 9:48 pm Quote

Wow What A Great Story! Now I really want to get married at Disney World I'm just afraid we wont be able to afford it like 5-8 years from now.  Plus we would have to fly all of our guests down.  Correct?

--------------
Kelly

Please stand clear of the doors
Por favor, mantenge se, allehado de las peurtas
Profile PM AOL YIM
23 replies since Nov. 21, 2004, 10:11 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Recaps of my Disney World Wedding (Dec. 13, 2003)
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement