Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Disney Fairytale Weddings on Food Network< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Poohbear Offline
Carol

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: June 20, 2004, 11:15 pm Quote

I just finished watching the show.  Disney is definitely a magical place to have a wedding.  You could tell the brides featured would spare no expense in their fairytale wedding.  I still can't believe people would spend $70,000 to make their  wedding dream come true.  I especially loved the last wedding featured.  The color scheme was beautiful and reminded me of my own wedding minus the major pricetag.  I thought the surprise renewed vows ceremony was touching.  This special gave you an inside look at some of the best restaurants and kitchens.  It was a nice end to a busy day!

Poohbear/Carol :pixiedust:

--------------
Carol/Poohbear
I'm growing older, but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck . . .

Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: June 20, 2004, 11:25 pm Quote

This show will be repeated tonight (see earlier post) and a couple of times more, the following from Food Network's TV listings:

---------

Food Network Specials
Episode WDSP01

AIR TIMES:
June 20, 2004 10:00 PM ET/PT
June 21, 2004 2:00 AM ET/PT
June 26, 2004 5:00 PM ET/PT
June 27, 2004 4:00 PM ET/PT

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings
You're invited to join host Sandra Pinckney for a special hour of Disney Fairytale Weddings. From choosing the reception menu to constructing the cake, tag along as a celebration filled with Disney delicacies comes together.

-----------

Ask your VCR or TiVo to record this for you if you missed it.   You might want to eat a good meal before you watch this show, otherwise it'll definitely make you hungry!
Profile PM
Mary Offline
Please stand clear of the doors.....

Posted: June 21, 2004, 7:48 am Quote

I watched and loved every minute of it...until the 70K price!!  WOW! Someone has alot of disposable cash LOL  But it was beautiful, the cakes incredible and I too loved seeing Sunset Point at the Poly for the renewal service!!

Carol, thanks for the info you provided.  We have worshiped there and it was a lovely service.  We will keep it in mind for the future weddings (a possible 3 DDs at 70k each? UGH)

--------------
Peace,
Mary
:pixiedust: :beer: :pixiedust: :tinkflying:

We enjoyed our Christmas 2004 vacation at WDW!
May 2005: DD Katie performed with her band in WDW and we stayed at the Polynesian
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: June 21, 2004, 8:06 am Quote

The lady Disney wedding planner (the one who stood outside the Wedding Pavillion) said the "average" wedding in the US costs $22,000 today, for which price at Disney you could accomodate, what did she say, like 100 guests.  Not all weddings cost that, however, and not all Disney weddings or receptions cost that.  Mary, who knows what weddings will cost when your daughters and our son are ready to walk the aisle?  Maybe the time to start saving up and training the kids to pay for as much of it as possible themselves is now? ;)  :dollar:

The food looked delicious all through the program, though.  The Cinderella's slipper dessert with chocolate teardrop also on the plate looked too good to eat!  The cake they created for the Alice in Wonderland tea party looked too good to eat, too!  Meanwhile, I think Jiko would be a fascinating dining experience (at Animal Kingdom Lodge) .
Profile PM
Mary Offline
Please stand clear of the doors.....

Posted: June 21, 2004, 8:15 am Quote

Mary, who knows what weddings will cost when your daughters and our son are ready to walk the aisle?  Maybe the time to start saving up and training the kids to pay for as much of it as possible themselves is now?
 LOL LOL  DH and I have an inside joke from the time it became apparent that females dominated the house.....It is called "The Convent" (What DH prays will happen.  You know, fathers and their protecting their daughters) and "Elopement" (Here's $1,000 kids! )  Between college and just raising children, weddings can break the bank if you let them!  LOL  But, the sun will still come out.  We just may not be able to afford the sunglasses! LOL  :coolgrin:

--------------
Peace,
Mary
:pixiedust: :beer: :pixiedust: :tinkflying:

We enjoyed our Christmas 2004 vacation at WDW!
May 2005: DD Katie performed with her band in WDW and we stayed at the Polynesian
Profile PM
WebTink Offline
Becky

Posted: June 21, 2004, 12:55 pm Quote

I enjoyed the show very much; watched it with my DD13 who isn't much of a romantic, but I saw her eyes twinkle a little bit.  We especially loved the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party--the cake was so cool!  It would be fun to just have that party with some girlfriends.

$70,000 would sure be a nice down payment on a house, wouldn't it?  I'd rather give that to my kids if I happened to have $70,000 laying around!  Was it my imagination, or did that groom already looked beat down by that bride?  She was obviously going to get her way no matter what!  I hope he's prepared to do that the rest of their lives!  ( Frankly, he looked about 15 to me and in no position to be getting married-but what do I know?! )  LOL

--------------
Becky / WebTink
Just get on any major highway, and eventually it will dead-end in a Disney parking area large enough to have its own climate, populated by large nomadic families who have been trying to find their cars since the Carter administration.
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: June 21, 2004, 1:04 pm Quote

It was a nice show, and fun to watch... $70,000?????  My twin girls better start planning on Marrying someone rich..... or like the Chesterfield county courthouse for a setting!

Was I the only one who noticed that Sandra P. called Cinderella's Royal Table,
           Cinderella's Round Table?    

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
WebTink Offline
Becky

Posted: June 21, 2004, 4:06 pm Quote

She also called the Polynesian's restaurant 'Ohana's.  It's just 'Ohana.  It's very hard for people not to think of it like an Irish restaurant name, I think!  Like it is O'Hana's  or something!  Which would make a great pub name, but doesn't mean "family" in Hawaiian!

I noticed a Polynesian CM that was in the Spirit of Aloha show--she was one of the CMs that greeted the couple who had the surprise 40th anniversary vow renewal.  Coincidentally ( or maybe not! ) she was the CM that led the guests in the Anniversary Dance.

--------------
Becky / WebTink
Just get on any major highway, and eventually it will dead-end in a Disney parking area large enough to have its own climate, populated by large nomadic families who have been trying to find their cars since the Carter administration.
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: June 21, 2004, 6:45 pm Quote

I wonder if that is the same CM I posted pictures of who was entertaining the kids in the lobby of the Polynesian Resort the last time we checked in there?

See more pictures of her here.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
WebTink Offline
Becky

Posted: June 21, 2004, 7:12 pm Quote

Different gal.  Saw her, too, while we were there last year!

--------------
Becky / WebTink
                                                         ~Dave Barry

Profile PM WEB
29 replies since June 10, 2004, 1:43 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Disney Fairytale Weddings on Food Network
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement