Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Entertainment Tonight Disney Wedding: Didn't Air!, Brides Magazine couple in a "dream wed."< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
chief19spixi Offline
& LIL Echo Rissa

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 24, 2007, 9:53 am Quote

I wanna see it!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

--------------
June 1986 stayed offsite
April 2004 stayed offsite
March 2007 Fort wilderness campground
April 2007 Disney wedding at Yacht Club Gazeebo
April 2008 Fort Wilderness Campground
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 24, 2007, 10:30 am Quote

I renamed the title of this topic, to remove the previous air dates (which didn't happen because it got preempted) to say ..."On Sometime?"

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 28, 2007, 9:12 am Quote

According to the program listings we see this morning, Entertainment Tonight will finally air this Disney Dream Wedding tonight -- yeah, right! Then again, Anna Nicole Smith's body might be moved in preparation for burial, so the Disney story might get bumped again. So, perhaps record it, then speed cue it to see if they aired it after all, and if not get ready to record it again another day.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
mamaloya Offline
Sandra Loya

Posted: Feb. 28, 2007, 9:18 am Quote

I saw the teaser for it last night.  They said they will be showing bits of it every night for the next few nights.  I didn't know they even got to spend their wedding night in the castle suite.

--------------
Sandra / mamaloya
6 disney kids, dd21, ds18, dd13, ds9, dd8, and dd6
1 Disney granddaughter 6/19/2008

'77 First trip to WDW
'82, '85, '88, '89, '97, '98, 2000 off site
2004 Ft. Wilderness in a tent
2006 Ft. Wilderness in new popup
2006 First trip for MVMCP at Ft. Wilderness
2008 Ft. Wilderness in new TT

2010 Ft. Wilderness in a tent again
Profile PM WEB AOL YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 28, 2007, 9:33 am Quote

OK...

Our DVR is showing this segment has been rescheduled.

It may have been on Tuesday night 2/27/07 (?), but it's supposed to be on tonight, Wednesday 2/28/07.

Disney wedding awarded to a couple by Brides Magazine and Disney Weddings, on "Entertainment Tonight", syndicated 30-minute entertainment news show on local broadcast stations.  Check your local broadcast station listings for local time, channel, usually in late afternoon/early evening, but some stations air the show when they want to, including the following morning.  Program your VCR, DVR and/or TiVo accordingly.

Alert:  Anna Nicole Smith's remains might be awarded today in a Florida court to a loved one who'll finally take the body three weeks after Smith died to be buried someplace.  But there's lots of high drama, and ongoing litigation, about this, it never seems to end or quiet down.  Also Paris Hilton's been caught doing naughty driving of a car again.  "Entertainment Tonight" eats up stuff like this!  In case ET wants to obsess and do wall-to-wall show about all this stuff, be forewarned the Disney weddings segment could be pre-empted yet again for the N-th time in two weeks, and be rescheduled again.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Mar. 01, 2007, 9:29 am Quote

This is getting to be a joke.  A tiresome joke.  A frustrating joke.

I swear, our DVR said the Disney wedding segment would be on.  But it wasn't, it was bumped off again.

A clue that ET is trying to deal with the situation, though:  A previously bumped segment about Elizabeth Taylor did in fact finally air last night.  That means, possibly, that ET recognizes it has time-sensitive inventory of other entertainment news and features it needs to start moving along.  So this means, I hope, some hope that someday ET will air this Disney Wedding segment and we can all get on with life.

This segment has been on/off again for two weeks now.

Monitor listings, your DVR or TiVo programmed to "Disney" or "Disney*" and just be at the ready to record this show with the Disney Wedding segment if and when it stops being "Chicken Little" and actually does see the light of day.

If all of us interested in seeing it monitor the situation, and posts, that helps the entire community out.  A lot of fuss for one little ol' segment of a TV show, but I'm hoping that once we do see the Disney Wedding it'll be so pretty and interesting the wait and frustration will be worth it.  (Better be worth it! )

I've also asked RichKoster the Site Admin to retitle this Topic to go back to saying "Airs Sometime?" and he'll get to doing that the minute he gets a minute.
Profile PM
chief19spixi Offline
& LIL Echo Rissa

Posted: Mar. 01, 2007, 10:28 am Quote

I guess I will never see it :angry:  :angry:

--------------
June 1986 stayed offsite
April 2004 stayed offsite
March 2007 Fort wilderness campground
April 2007 Disney wedding at Yacht Club Gazeebo
April 2008 Fort Wilderness Campground
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Mar. 03, 2007, 11:22 am Quote

I don't know how true this is, but Fox News Channel reporter Steve Harrigan is currently assigned to cover the Anna Nicole Smith stuff in the Bahamas.  He has recent experience doing a lot of war coverage for Fox News Channel in Iraq.  He reported on Studio B Friday night that he and other credentialed press were actually prevented from shooting long shots of the funeral heading to the cemetary, or something like that, by security, and the reason?  "Entertainment Tonight" had "exclusive rights" to shooting aspects of the Anna Nicole Smith funeral in Nassau, Bahamas.  According to Harrigan, could be $3 million changed hands from ET to Howard K. Stern, her attorney and friend and apparently her executor, for these exclusivity rights.  ET competes with other half-hour daily entertainment shows, also probably is competing with tabloid newspapers and other members of the press to get, and pay for, "exclusivity rights".  So we know where all that heads, of course, and over-the-top Anna Nicole Smith just keeps fueling this adrenaline rush of coverage in death, and that just bumps other things 'til the frenzy dies down.  Fox, and others, managed to get some footage from other perspectives that were not off-limits.  But Harrigan was sure to report what was going on anyway. ;)

I haven't bothered to check if that bit of news is corraborated in other media outlets.  This whole thing about Anna Nicole Smith's death is blown up so much now it's got a life and larger than life momentum of it's own, and there are other shows that have done Disney Weddings that rerun quite a bit.  Nice to be able to see this segment on ET, someday, but not essential if Food Network ever re-airs it's Disney Weddings special.

Anyhoo...

Keep in mind if money changes hands between ET and whoever about a celebrity death, it can change hands between ET, Brides Magazine and Disney.  A segment is already shot and ready to air, just needs now to air.  

Also, a segment about Elizabeth Taylor turning age 75 did finally air, and it's been bumped too.  So there is hope.

When you have a DVR or TiVo this gets easy.  You simply program it to look for "Disney" in the DVR or "Disney*" in TiVo.  And if Entertainment Tonight, or any show, has that particular word in a title or program content, the DVR and TiVo will show it.  

Entertainment Tonight and other daily entertainment news shows are interesting when they do their programming.  If the keyword you are "Search"ing for is being scheduled for a segment, sometimes it will not show up on the TiVo or DVR until mere hours ahead of air time.  Found this out last year when being "obsessed" about Pirates of the Caribbean 2 pre-opening movie hype, looking for Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and other cast members on publicity circuit TV shows.  The shows are a daily broadcast.  So the producers have to be granted the access for interviews, shoot those interviews, find all their cover video, produce it, air it, and that can be a day or two in coming, and of course get bumped in case of any huger "breaking news."  Johnny Depp was supposed to be on Late Night with David Letterman pre-movie opening, the program listing said he was on, record the show... No Depp.  "Sick that day".  Really?  Well, Depp eventually did go on the show after all, after the movie opened.  Who knows why?  Bottom line is it finally happened.  And TiVo was there letting me know when keyword "Depp" was kicking in, too. ;)

So with "Disney Weddings" on "Entertainment Tonight" be patient, it'll happen, very likely.  Sometime.

But just don't bet the farm on seeing it on a particular day 'til you actually see it.

So far, on TVGuide.com they have content listings for ET for next week, and so far no mention of Disney wedding.  That doesn't mean it will air after all, or won't air.  Anything can be added/deleted at the last minute.  After a point the program content has to be distributed to services such as TVGuide.com, TiVo, DVR services of cable/satellite systems, daily newspapers, etc., after which if "breaking news" happens ET can't withdraw and change the program listings.  It's a deadline submission issue.

DVRs and TiVo can help with this, but it's not absolute.  So far nothing is showing up, but that can change.

So hang in there.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Mar. 15, 2007, 5:31 pm Quote

I am fed up with "Entertainment Tonight" not airing this Disney wedding segment that originally should have aired about a month ago.

There is no news.  I do check our DVR daily for "Entertainment Tonight" and the Disney wedding segment just doesn't pop up.  There is a dearth of shows about the Disney parks this month on TV/cable/satellite anyway, so far.

Since the original air date coincided with February Sweeps, and it's still not airing in March so far, I'm thinking and guessing wildly (could be dead wrong, too) it will air in May Sweeps, what they call the ratings months when AC Nielsen assesses audience viewership numbers for the networks and TV stations.  That starts in late April usually, so let's think good thoughts the Disney wedding segment will ever air and maybe they have it planned for May.

Do not bet the farm on it 'til it actually does show up in TV listings and actually does air.  If it does.
Profile PM
Dawn Offline
Dawn T

Posted: Mar. 16, 2007, 10:08 pm Quote

I wish I had seen this sooner b/c I have been going crazy trying to catch this on Tivo and have been confused because it programs to tape it but when I watch it isn't there - and the teasers look like it is a great story! I hope they get around to showing it soon!

--------------

CR July 1989, offsite April 1993
CBR January 1995, WL August 1997
Vero & Poly LV-CL September 2001
OKW April 2002, OKW January 2003
CR Janaury 2004, Poly October 2004
Shades of Green & AKL CL December 2005
DCL's Wonder- 10 night So. Carib. Cruise  September 2006
BWI CL September 2007
DCL's Magic- 7 night Carib. Cruise Dec 2008

Jacqueline (6) & Katie (4) join Mike (DH) and I in expecting our WONDERful souvenier on 6/8/07!

MagicalMemoriesTravel.com
Profile PM WEB
30 replies since Feb. 15, 2007, 6:38 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 2 [3] 4 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Entertainment Tonight Disney Wedding: Didn't Air!
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement