Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Entertainment Tonight Disney Wedding: Didn't Air!, Brides Magazine couple in a "dream wed."< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 22, 2007, 7:18 am Quote

Dang it with lurid Hollywood and celebrity news!  "Entertainment Tonight" bumped part one of the "preparations for a dream Disney wedding" (what our DirecTV DVR program listing said) again in favor of both the Anna Nicole Smith body possession hearing and Britney Spears with her shaved head going in and out of rehab.

The program listing in TiVo, DVR or TV listings sites or articles in printed program guides may say "Disney wedding" but when big headlines or "breaking news" happens whatever the original program was supposed to be about can and will change to reflect currency with the news of the day.

For those of us who want respite from the lurid news of the day (for something more positive and uplifting) it can be pretty frustrating.

A rationale to get you through:  

1) On Fox News coverage of this Anna Nicole Smith hearing, it came out in testimony that Ms. Smith and her cohorts had "a deal" of sorts with "Entertainment Tonight" for exclusives about this or that while she was still alive.  So if that "deal" carries though post-death as it did in her life, even though ET's program listings may promise, someday, to air a segment about "Disney wedding" such a segment will air when the more lurid stuff tapers off into routine day to day and the program producers can fit it into their less-than 30-minute time slot.  

2) If ET can make deals, they apparently have one with both Brides Magazine and Disney to show footage of a winning couple getting a "Wow!"-type dream Disney Wedding in this Year of a Million Dreams the theme parks are promoting.  Brides Magazine has a publication schedule and format that moves along with their focus in business life, and likely someday they will have a printed article with lots of photos about the WDW dream wedding couple.  And if ET is contractually bound to someday air the segments, they will do so...  Someday.  If that contract gives them some leeway to schedule the segments around "news" and "breaking news" then that is an "out clause", but eventually ET will either have to air the segment or pay back Brides Magazine or Disney or both for not fulfilling this contract.  

Remember a lot of expense went into giving this couple their mega-prize wedding, a lot of time, people's resources, expertise and salaries, plane fare, etc., but it was for publicity purposes for the magazine and for Disney having destination weddings.  Brides Magazine and Disney want their day in the sunshine about all this, having spent the money and all.

Hoping someday this segment or segments will finally air!

The winner in all this:  The couple who won the Disney dream wedding as a prize.  If the footage has been shot, the wedding has taken place already.  So they have wonderful interesting memories...  And an IRS bill for next tax season on the value of the winnings!  IRS next year will have a bit of a win on this, too. ;)

Hang in there and keep your eye on TiVo and your DVR if you have it programmed for Disney or Disney*.
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
chief19spixi Offline
& LIL Echo Rissa

Posted: Feb. 22, 2007, 7:57 am Quote

HMMMM... I just hope it is someday soon!!!!!  :minnie:  :minnie:

--------------
June 1986 stayed offsite
April 2004 stayed offsite
March 2007 Fort wilderness campground
April 2007 Disney wedding at Yacht Club Gazeebo
April 2008 Fort Wilderness Campground
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 22, 2007, 11:55 am Quote

I looked at our DirecTV DVR and the show descriptions still say "Disney wedding" kinds of things for the Thursday and Friday shows of ET.  None of the program content for the Wednesday show made it to air, it was mainly Anna Nicole Smith, Britney Spears and a mention of Ellen DeGeneres for the Oscar telecast Sunday.  Yet the program content for ET stayed the same even though none of that aired.  And I mean they threw out their original content for the show and it was Smith, Spears and DeGeneres, mostly instead. Kelly Ripa and Patricia Heaton were supposed to have been on.  They weren't, so they got bumped, too.

So simply keep taping or monitoring ET, that's all I can suggest.

If/When ET submits episode content that matches "Disney wedding" our DVR will pick it up, TiVo will too, and then we can get our hopes up again for some brief Disney escapism regarding dream weddings.

Those of you in NYC who watch ET on WCBS or use WCBS as your source for CBS programming (such as for distance, mountains, etc.), the Monday morning programs of ET are reruns of whatever aired the previous Friday in national syndication.  If ET pre-empts "Disney wedding" again, it won't air Friday and it won't air Monday, either.  Such is the nature of syndication and delay airing of shows from their intended timely air dates.

Likely the segments will indeed air, it's a matter of our being patient about it and biding time 'til they do air, monitor listings, TiVo, DVR, etc.
Profile PM
chief19spixi Offline
& LIL Echo Rissa

Posted: Feb. 22, 2007, 4:34 pm Quote

Trust me I will keep on checking to see if its is on!!

--------------
June 1986 stayed offsite
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
chief19spixi Offline
& LIL Echo Rissa

Posted: Feb. 23, 2007, 10:12 am Quote

I saw previews last night saying that it would be on tonight!! woo hoo I cannot wait!! :minnie:  :minnie:

--------------
June 1986 stayed offsite
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 23, 2007, 4:37 pm Quote

We went visiting an out of state relative overnight, and the formerly unsecured neighbor's WI-FI is now secured, so we lacked Internet access.

Yeppers, ET will {u]finally[/u] have the Disney wedding segment on...  Anna Nicole Smith's body was awarded to her infant daughter and the daughter's attorneys, Britney Spears is staying in her third try at rehab and isn't out yet, and maybe ET will "get on with it" and move on to legitimately cover pre-Oscar excitement and finally the Disney wedding segment at long last.

If you rely on satellite access to CBS vis WCBS New York and you have access to high definition channels for WCBS, the ET friday show we're so excited about will repeat on the digital and high-definition channels of WCBS on Monday morning.

Check your local broadcast, cable or satellite listings for times, channels, etc.

The teaser at the end of ET seemed to indicate that fireworks and Cincerella's Castle at night were a part of the Disney wedding segment.  All that might be is they shot the "Wishes" fireworks and just added it in with the newly wedded couple's celebration.

Anyway, it might indeed be time to fire up that VCR, DVR or TiVo!
Profile PM
Ilovdisney Offline
Cheryl

Posted: Feb. 23, 2007, 9:41 pm Quote

Quote (chief19spixi @ Feb. 23, 2007, 10:12 am)
I saw previews last night saying that it would be on tonight!! woo hoo I cannot wait!! :minnie:  :minnie:

Ya I did to and lo and behold nothing!!! again it was all about ANS. Please let that poor soul alone. See led a very sad life with no one to care about her and now they all pretend to.I want to see the wedding!!!!!

--------------

It's been a long time getting from here to there. It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 23, 2007, 10:44 pm Quote

We went out of state to visit a family member and came home, but I haven't checked the DVR.  ET pre-empted it again??? Aw, man....!
:angry:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 24, 2007, 8:14 am Quote

Yep, I checked the DVR and sure enough, ET pre-empted it again.  And so far on TiVo's website there is no rescheduling of it.  Yet.

I dunno....

This thing with both Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears shows no signs of going away and allowing routine normal celebrity news and glitz to punch through.

The show was dominated about Anna Nicole Smith news and pseudo-news.  But other segments were about Britney Spears and an Oscar telecast preview.  None of the original content listings made it into the show so Elizabeth Taylor got bumped as well as the Disney wedding segment this time around.

The segment likely will be rescheduled again.  

I'm cynical enough to anticipate it may get bumped off again, too.

Keep monitoring.  Just because ET listings say "Disney wedding" doesn't mean once it's recorded that the segment actually aired or will air.  So all you can do is monitor your TiVo or DVR "Disney*" or "Disney" keyword auto-record requests, keep monitoring any cable, local broadcast or online TV listings sites such as TV Guide.com, Zap2It.com or others like TiVo.com, and speed cue past the lurid stuff.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Feb. 24, 2007, 9:19 am Quote

Quote (CarolKoster @ Feb. 22, 2007, 6:18 am)
The winner in all this:  The couple who won the Disney dream wedding as a prize.  If the footage has been shot, the wedding has taken place already.  So they have wonderful interesting memories...  And an IRS bill for next tax season on the value of the winnings!  IRS next year will have a bit of a win on this, too. ;)

It's looking more and more like not only the winner in all this, but the winner in all this making out like bandits, is the winning wedding couple.  

Think about it:  They got their fabulous prize before Anna Nicole Smith died and inbetween news cycles about Britney Spears. This couple, whoever they are, they are married, they got their fabulous Disney wedding done and now it's over, and they among everyone else has moved on in life. I bet they have lots of photos, mementoes, maybe even their own videographer who recorded it, too.  And I wonder if they and their family and friends are awaiting the airing of this segment on ET as well, wondering like all of us when in the heck it will ever air?  But they got their Disney dream wedding, at least!

Whoa, lucky them!   :clapping:  :pixiedust:  :clapping:

Woe is us!   :cry:
Profile PM
30 replies since Feb. 15, 2007, 6:38 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) Jump to first page Previous Page 1 [2] 3 4 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Entertainment Tonight Disney Wedding: Didn't Air!
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement