Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Disney Echo Down, Couldn't Post, Early Dec. 2014< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 14, 2014, 11:52 am Quote

Even though our site is under utilized and no longer patronized by members in late 2014, sometimes people do come to it and expect to be able to still interact with it.

In early December 2014 this site was down for a few days.  Then when it was back up no one could post to it !  You could state a Topic or start a Reply, type it in, enter it, or title it and write a post then try to enter it... and it would just hang there forever and not finish.  

I found a couple of New Topics with no content to them.  

Just this morning, Sunday Dec. 14, 2014 I was able to log on, post, start New Topics, and have it go through normally.

Our site is owned by Larry Gensch in New Hampshire, his computer in his attic is where Disney Echo website "lives".  

Prior to 2010-2011 our site was a busy place with member traffic and technical problems such as what happened this month would have been immediately noticed and fixed.

As of 2014 our site is so under utilized in this age of social media (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) that it's a ghost town, deserted.  Rich and I really do not regularly post here or keep it newsy or updated anymore.  With no members or guests to serve anymore, we just, like the song in "Frozen" "let it go".  

Consequently nobody noticed, really, or frankly tried to do anything about it being either down or locked to new postings.

The only two Moderators left actively posting here are TV Kirby in Disney TV Forums and disneygeek for the Disneyland Forum.  Everyone else resigned as Moderators and moved on, and/or left the site as regular members.

Oh, and I do, sometimes... but a LOT less than in pre-2010-2011 days.

So the bottom lines are two :

If you as a former or current Moderator or past registered member, or a 'drive by" visitor Guest tried to post or reply or visit, I apologize for inconvenience caused by the site being down, then when it was brought back up if you were unable to successfully post a New Topic or respond to an existing Topic.

Since the 2010-2011 era I HAVE however regularly posted that Disney Echo is increasingly abandoned, not Moderated, not maintained as to keeping Topics new and current or newly or informative.  To that we can now add it's so under visited, or cared about, that when a technical glitch happens and the site goes down or a glitch happens and you cannot post, that also no one notices, at least immediately... maybe days afterward someone does then does something about it.

So... Apologies.  :bowdown:  :musik:

But also : Realism.  Realville.  Realistic seeing the site and it's situation as it really is, not nostalgic for how it used to be.  

Elsewhere in the Disney Echo "Ear 2 Ear" Forum is an Existing Topic "DISNEY ECHO RETURNEES : READ THIS TOPIC".  Since around 2001 the slowdown of this site, traffic wise, has been very obvious.  I tried to inform our members about it via that Topic.  Go find it.

I've posted the blah-blah-blah about suggested alternative Disney sites for using as trip planning, social interaction and trip planning advice and hand-holding, news and info about Disney anything.  Just find that Topic to see that.

We do not own the site, however.  Larry Gensch owns it, and he doesn't want to shut the site down even though in reality the place is a ghost town. Technical glitches happen, and it may be nobody notices at first.  No one visits as much any more.  

Disclaimer: Since no one visits here, moderates here, posts here, oversees the place, technical glitches, the site going down, problems accessing, problems posting, might not be noticed or fixed for days or weeks.  

Within the Topic "DISNEY ECHO RETURNEES : READ THIS TOPIC" is where I've suggested alternative Disney fan and news and info websites to visit instead.  If you join other Disney fan sites than ours you'll also get the ability to ask questions, get answers, read more up to date trip reports, hear latest Disney news (and gossip and rumors) and have people who'll be friendly toward your trip planning and be willing to help about that, and people who'll always be glad to see your trip reports when you get home.  Or people who also love Disney who want to interact with like-minded others.

The suggestions I've made will help you much more than defunct, outdated, ghost town Disney Echo will.  Trust me.  

Many thanks for stopping by !  

:pixiedust:
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 19, 2014, 6:23 am Quote

I've caught this site lagging again when attempting to log on and post.

If that's you, too, please consider since Disney Echo is practically abandoned in recent years it's a low priority to keep monitoring it.  The site owner might not know, and Rich and I have moved on mostly.

If you find it hard to log on, we apologize.

:bowdown:
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
1 replies since Dec. 14, 2014, 11:52 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Disney Echo Down, Couldn't Post, Early Dec. 2014
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement