Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (11) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: DISNEY ECHO RETURNEES: READ THIS TOPIC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: July 09, 2011, 8:44 am Quote

I don't know what's behind the sudden burst of increased sign on and activity here, but.....  Welcome back, y'all!  Nice to see you again!

:waver:

In the event it slows down in activity and log-on activity again, I wrote the following, click the link below and scroll down to the last posting.  Anyone wanting to know the answers to Disney related questions, these are the sites and sources I'd go to for answers, and it's easy to use these sources, bookmark them, rely on them, utilize them....you know the drill.

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....7;st=10

If our site slows down with activity, just kinda notice it and realize if you post a question, it's not assured someone will be along to answer it in a timely fashion.  Consequently the list of referrals I posted months ago, at that link at the bottom, is essentially our site continuing to help you help yourself.  It's not "personal service" but it is in fact a list pointing the way to where you can find out answers for yourself.  If the site is slow, to this list at the link at the bottom of the page there you should go.

Any Moderators, we invite you to participate again in the site, look up some news or information, update your Forums or Topics in your Forums.

Rich, the Site Admin here, has out-of-state elder care issues going on very recently which look like they might be moving forward in the future, and a busy work life.  I'm mom to a teenager who's busy at school and Boy Scouts. Time moved forward, and with fewer logging on, we can't always be here or post everything the press writes about Disney.  Other sites and news sources and Disney's own websites have the same info, timelier posted.  So consult that list at the bottom of the page of that link.

Moderators, we could use your help in keeping the site as updated as your available time may allow, we know everyone has work, family and many offline from Disney Echo things going on that certainly take priority.  Just when you get the opportunity to stop by, or the spark of inspiration...you know.... visit here, post something others can use or enjoy, start a Topic that intrigues readers to want to post and converse in it, etc.  If you are logging on anyway to visit, we invite and ask humbly if you could also post any news, updates to Topics, etc., in your Forum of specialty.  

To our members, also, we know that Real Life outside this site has a lot going on for everyone.  We're glad to see you back.   Thanks to all who contribute to the Disney Echo community.  It's appreciated.  :happydance:  :computer:  :waver:  :pixiedust:   :bowdown:
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
dizneluver9 Offline
Kelly D./KDizne/Dizneluver/NDA#5 <>

Disney Quotes, Disney CDs & Music, and Disabilities/Special

Group: ModEARator
Posted: July 09, 2011, 10:00 pm Quote

(((((KOSTERS)))))))

I will be there for you guys!!!

If there are any specific issues in any forum you need me to look after esp while Rich is dealing with the  family issues please don't hesitate to fire off an email and let me know and it will be done!!! XOXOXOXOXO

--------------
Formerly a DS CM, RD CM, Operation Participant CM with on property child care provider and with in roomchild care provider (KNO)

Fiancé to the wonderful Tait B

NDA #5 to CJD, EHD, DAD, RSH, MNH, CT, QT, BT and CBT

Ck out DIZNELUVER'S WORLD
All Things Disney From KD'S Persperspective!

www.dizneluversworld.com

PAST TRIPS

DL
April 1971, when I was 9 months old ...yes 9 months old! :D

WDW
Too many  to count and/or to mention all of them....:D

DCL
Wonder - October 2003
Dream - Feb/March 2011 aka WDW RADIO CRUISE 1.0

NEXT TRIP

Summer 2013
DCL Wonder to Alaska with my sweetie for my HONEYMOON!!!! :D
Profile PM WEB
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: July 10, 2011, 8:32 am Quote

dizneluver9, reread Original Posting.  Elder care and raising a teen will go on for years.  The Internet trends lately are what they are.  Contribute as you want to and have the time to do.  Reread Original Posting.

In the Original Posting is a link.  Use the link and scroll down to the Last Posting of that page.

If members who infrequently log on have "Does anyone know...."-type questions then the link above in the Original Posting of this Topic, at the bottom of the page the last posting of that link, has sites and techniques for searching that will yield answers in a jiffy.  

With so few logging on anymore, it's not assured that a member in the know or a Moderator in the know will come along and hand hold or do your research for you.  

It is what it is...a slowing down fan site, especially in an online-addictive hard-to-tear-yourself-away-from-Facebook-and-Twitter kind of a world.  

Use the sites and search techniques at that link.  Then you are being reliably and ongoing helped by Disney Echo, even if it means Disney Echo provides the sites and techniques pointers so you help yourself, in Disney Echo's hallmark spirit of "each one help one".   :pixiedust:  :thumbsup:  :nod:  :bowdown:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: July 10, 2011, 9:22 am Quote

A "weather vane" of sorts:  Update or bump up "oldie but goodie" Topics in the Forums you Moderate, Moderators (check your .sig out on the far left margin under your log-in name to see what those are ) .  Add news.  Do updating and freshening of Existing Topics with anything new, restart old discussions that used to get responses by bumping up that Topic with a brand new posting.  If something is truly new, and hasn't already been posted about before (always "search" and check first), then by all means post new news. Sit back, see what happens afterward.  If there are member responses, then you're on the right track.  If there are no responses, then you know it's a different online world nowadays, member flow and member interest and member log in frequency and timing are what they are, and you'll be guided better by your "gut" what works or what doesn't, or at least you tried.   Thanks.  :thumbsup:  :pixiedust:   :bowdown:

For our members, if you need help, check the link as suggested and attempt to go to those sites and use search techniques.  Post news or updates, also, as per the above paragraph.  Chat or comment or reply to current topics as you want to.  Always appreciated.   :bowdown:  :clapping:  :thumbsup:  :pixiedust:

But if the site seems slow between log ins, let it go, it is what it is.  Just sayin'.  And if you need "Does anyone know....?"-type answers, find the link in the Orlginal Posting, scroll to the last post of it, use the sites and ideas and techniques suggested there, and you will find the answers on your own with a high percentage rate of accurate success faster than if you posted here and sat and waited for someone to come by.   :thumbsup:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: July 24, 2011, 6:25 pm Quote

Thanks for visiting Disney Echo !

To aid our members and Guests in finding Disney-related info online, I came up with several references.  At this link below scroll to the Last Posting.  Use these sites you'll find at that posting and Google them.  You'll out any up to date and active information about Disney, films, theme parks, games, products, hotels, dining, etc. that you may be seeking.  

Our site admittedly is not as active as in earlier times.  I want to help our members and lurkers find Disney information themselves.  The list at the bottom of the page at this URL are sources and sites I'd use to help our site members here on Disney Echo, and they are reliable and regularly maintained and updated and newsy sites and sources.  You will be well served, I am confident of it.

If you log on with any "Does anyone know..." kinds of questions, try the suggestions at the bottom of the page of this link for where to look or where to ask or what to buy and read for the answers you seek.  

:pixiedust:  :thumbsup:

Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 05, 2011, 8:41 am Quote

Just a periodic bump up, to welcome back our members who peek in via log-on and post or augment or enjoy the site by active posting and participation.  

Howdy!  Nice to see you!   :pixiedust:  :waver:

A special thanks to our Moderators who return back and augment or add newsy things to their Forums that they Moderate.  We appreciate it!  Our members are still logging on, and anything you add helps all of us know more about Disney.  Many thanks, a tip of the ol' chapeau, mercy beaucoup, and gracias all around to you!  :pixiedust:  :bowdown:  :pixiedust:

Thanks to the members who are adding new information (such as a recent post in the Fort Wilderness Campground Forum about the list of August 2011 movies they show at the campfire there).  Thanks!  "Each one help one" is a part of the member community culture here, it's always set our site apart from others.  Your help and thoughtfulness towards your site mates is appreciated!  Thank you so much!   :icecream:  :bowdown:  :icecream:  

Due to the work involved in admitting new members and kicking out and blocking incasing numbers of overseas spammers, Rich has elected months ago to no longer admit New Members to Disney Echo.  So the member base we have right now is "it".

There are some Forums locked to non-logged on lurkers, for the protection and privacy of our registered members.  But many Forums are still viewable by anyone wanting to click around.  I hope the postings here entertain and inform our Guests and help them plan great Disney vacations or enhance generally being a fan of Disney.

However, in an increasingly Facebook-Twitter kind of a world, where you can join those sites and tailor your experiences there, and also subscribe to many Disney-originated news feeds and Disney fan site and Disney news site news in-flows, even set your E-mail inbox to receive Disney-keyword daily feeds from Google News, it's easy to get Disney info delivered to you from a variety of means.  Joining fan sites such as Disney's own D23 can sent a wealth of info enough to keep any Disney fan twitterpated (Thumper's word in "Bambi") !  The Daily Disney Blog at Orlando Sentinel.com and the Around Disney Blog at Orange County Register can keep you abreast of news about American Disney theme parks goings on, including if there are accidents, deaths, injuries, announcements, revealing news, etc.  

With the outflow of activity by our member community towards alternative ways of getting Disney fan online social interaction plus Disney news and information, it's just a reality of life something I've observed since my first days of being on the Internet at all and as a Disney fan on the Internet starting back in the early 1990's:  The Internet is a migratory, changing place, always moving towards the next big thing, and as technology improves Disney fans naturally migrate to technologically current or tech forward means of socializing and learning info they need to plan vacations, be bigger ever more ardent fans, get bang for their Disney bucks, meet like-minded others, etc.  Rich is fine with it, so am I.  Since the 1990's when we first started being online Disney fans the constant thing about the Disney fan community online is that it's always changing and moving.  It is what it is, it's just a routine part of life online.

Where my heart goes out are the sometimes logging on site members who don't realize the migratory trends of the Internet and who'll ask by posting here "Does anyone know if... about.... whether..... I don't know...." type Disney questions, generally about traveling to WDW but could be about other things.  Or current members who log on only a couple of times a year posting niche subject matters they've always liked, and who might wonder where the fellow friends they used to interact with have gone.  Activity here goes up and down, sometimes perking up, sometimes real slow. I just want to reach out, hug  :thewave:  :grouphug: and offer....

If you log on and notice less activity I attribute it to general migration towards Facebook, Twitter, sometimes people just plain move on in online life, or they find other Disney fan sites or fan sites of various subject matters that float their boats more.  It's normal.  It's OK.

How to deal with it and make it work for you:

In "each one help one" Disney Echo positive can-do spirit, I earlier this year came up with the various sites, sources and techniques that I would use to answer those "Does anyone know...."-type questions.  It worked for me in many years of answering Disney questions on Disney Echo, it can work for you.

At this link scroll to the final posting of the page.  This Topic at the link is locked, so the posting is easy to find.  In the Quote Box are my suggestions for places or guide books to either do keyword searches or buy the books or otherwise bookmark and remember them for future trip planning or Disney fanship enhancement or ongoing Disney news.  It works.  

Sorry it can't be personal service as in the past.   :musicsad:  
Thanks for stopping by!  It is appreciated!  The present state is what it is.  We appreciate when our Moderators and member log in, post, or post info or help out and from the heart, truly, very much, say "Thanks!"  But the Quote Box at the link is your "key to the Magic Kingdom" for anything Disney you may wonder.  

And remember:  If you are doing business with Disney by buying park tickets, staying at their hotels, dining at their eateries, buying merchandise and services, booking travel..... Ask Disney some of your questions!  Directly!  Pick up the phone and just ask them even the minor questions.  If it means you'll know what you need to know to have a great trip.... If you're spending money with Disney, ask them!  

Take good care, enjoy visiting Disney Echo today, and I hope this helps.   :thumbsup:  :pixiedust:
Profile PM
eddie_valiant Offline
Eddie

Disney Vacation Club, iPhones, iPads, and iPods modEARator

Posted: Aug. 05, 2011, 8:51 am Quote

Family, work and programming pile onto my time.  I wish that I could spend more time here.

--------------
Eddie / eddie_valiant

Disney Vacation Club forum and  iPhones, iPads, and iPods forum modEARator

Disney Resorts I've Stayed In: Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's Boardwalk Villas, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, Disney's Village Resort (Vacation Villas), The Disney Inn (AKA Shades of Green/Golf Resort), Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort , Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Aug. 05, 2011, 9:11 am Quote

People migrate online, their personal lives change. Here at home in our private life we are in teenager raising territory (at that link above on the first postings in the topic I go further into that) and husband works odd work days and hours and we're in out of state elder care territory, too. People's online interests change, too, and where they like hanging out online can change.  The Internet's one constant is that it's always changing, evolving, and audiences of that flow to new things and different things all the time.  Rich and I have been online as Disney fans since 1991, so we've seen it all, realize it's just part of the Internet, and we're OK with it.  

My postings and topic refreshments, such as this one, are attempts to acknowledge trends to infrequent logger-on'ers, and point those with queries to where they can find reliable up-to-date info, answers, comments, and maybe even a more active online community re: Disney fans.

I thank you, eddie_valiant, for whatever you can do with your time to help out as one of our Moderators.  I know work and family and Real Life are demanding.  When we pool together and do what we each can, it creates an amazing heart-felt fan site community.  We still have that.   :pixiedust:  :thumbsup:  :pixiedust:

I just want people to find the info they are looking for to enhance their being great Disney fans and/or to plan a great Disney vacation.  If that means "teaching them to fish so they eat for a lifetime" as our site slows down, then that is where my sense of being helpful to others and doing random acts of kindness for others should flow to.

I reviewed this link.  Merely scroll to the bottom posting at the link. My error, its not in a Quote Box but it is a reposting of the searching ideas and how to find Disney news and info for anyone.  Yeah, it might add on a bit of work.... but it also added on to my time to look the info up for you (ahem ! ).  Using these suggestions at the last posting at the link, scroll allllllll the way to the bottom of the page, will help you very efficiently to find out whatever it is you're wondering about Disney.  Try each idea.  Take what you need, leave the rest.  Consider bookmarking and returning to sites that work for you or seem ongoing updated, newsy, informative, have an active helpful community.  :clap:  "If you believe it, then you can do it, yes you can, yes you can...."

Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Sep. 02, 2011, 3:39 pm Quote

Hi folks.

Rich and I don't live IN New Orleans but in an outlying suburb north of the city.  Tropical Storm Lee has formed and may head our way in Louisiana.  Unless you hear hurricane or tropical storm Lee news about north of New Orleans on national media, any dire news about wind or rain or flood in New Orleans or south or west of New Orleans isn't about us.  Also, Disney Echo is on a computer in the home of a software engineer in New Hampshire, the true owner of this site.  Out of harm's way from Gulf Coast bad weather.  

Still, Rich works on TV newscasts at one of the major TV stations in New Orleans, and post-Katrina there are still concerns with local flooding when tropical cyclones happen nearby.  He is busy working, but still can monitor Disney Echo postings because they auto-generate an E-mail to him.  At home I'm concerned with continuity of electricity, phone service and Internet connection in a storm.  Also we have a Boy Scout son who is in a Troop on call to assist with sandbagging our church and it's parochial school as may be necessary since it's near Lake Pontchartrain north of New Orleans to protect it from flooding or damage.

Anyone with questions about traveling to Disney parks should once again realize that our site is slower in activity, fewer former regular daily members or even Moderators log on any more.  Combined with this weather thing going on near us in Louisiana right now, doing one-on-one Disney park research for our members, as used to be on here, that, frankly, anyone could look up.....  It is what it is.  Sorry 'bout that, but it's a different site now.  Different isn't bad, it's just "different", and the techniques and sources at the link will help you plan a great Disney trip and get you straight away to information and news and Disney community you want prior to your trip.  

I want to help you in some way, though, so I came up with the sources of news and info I'd use if I were to answer your park-going questions personally.  As follows :

Go to this link here on Disney Echo....

Once there scroll to the very last posting.

Read through.  Try this or that or the other.  All info sources and websites or ideas or directions to take are high-percentage effective, including getting yourself WDW or Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line printed published guidebooks.  Any time now, just keep checking at bookstores or online book stores, the 2012 travel year WDW, Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line guidebooks will hit shelves or be order able online, generally in Sept4ember-October yearly.  All of the suggestions at the link above are guaranteed to get your questions answered fast without wasting your time online.  Try these out.  Take what you may need, leave the rest.  Yes, do buy at least one guidebook to Disney.  Apologies, again, for the inconvenience and change of site culture, but it's necessary with the slowing down in activity on this site, sorry to say, and at least it's still Disney Echo still helping you out to find out exactly what you need or want to know.  Thanks for understanding.  Have at it.   :thumbsup:  :pixiedust: Good luck, happy trip planning!
Profile PM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Posted: Sep. 03, 2011, 11:38 pm Quote

hey, I still lurk!   Usually as annoymouse, but I still drop by.....

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
101 replies since July 09, 2011, 8:44 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (11) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: DISNEY ECHO RETURNEES: READ THIS TOPIC
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement