Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (7) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Roger Rabbit Trivia Contest: Winners & Answers!, Roger Rabbit author/PassPorter prizes!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 19, 2007, 7:36 pm Quote

Updated April 7, 2007: All of the winners have been notified and you can see a list of who won -- as well as the correct answers -- here on page 4 of this topic. Congratulations to the winners as well as to all who participated!
:clapping:

Updated April 5, 2007: The contest is now over and the winning entries are being tabulated. Results will be announced soon!

Previous update: Good news!

We have two winners so far, but there are still two more First Prizes to be awarded! Even better news: Everyone can still enter the contest (or even enter again if you've already entered, except the two EchoEars who've already been notified) before 12:01 am WDW time, Thursday, April 5, 2007 when I'll award the last two First Prizes from among those who got the most correct answers submitted to me first.
:clapping:

1st update: The contest has started!

2nd previous update: The rules have been revised... (You don't have to have every single answer 100% correct -- and the first EchoEars to answer with the most correct questions will win. Even if you've already entered before, do it again! You can enter once every 24 hours. You can enter any time between now and 12:01 am WDW time, Thursday, April 5, 2007 when the contest ends) ...and hints have been given to each of the questions.

• Question 1: How old is Baby Herman?
    Hint: From the "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?" book. Don't always believe the "experts" you read on the internet... What Baby Herman is quoted as saying is not the answer... Instead, check the paperback edition of "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?" -- and what is listed as his age on page 10 of that back. If you don't have your own copy of the "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?" paperback, perhaps your local bookstore or library does... and it doesn't take very long to look at page 10...
  • Question 2: Who provided Jessica’s singing voice?
    Hint: From the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" animated feature.
  • Question 3: What is Jessica’s twin sister’s name?
    Hint: From the "Who P-p-p-plugged Roger Rabbit?" book.
  • Question 4: List 5 of the doors Roger goes through as he’s being wheeled into the hospital.
    Hint: From the "Tummy Trouble" cartoon.
  • Question 5: As Roger and Baby Herman take the first big plunge on the coaster, the huge panorama of track in front of them spells out what word?
    Hint: From the "Roller Coaster Rabbit" cartoon. note that the answer is the word which the rollercoaster track spells out (not just any word on the land itself) and you'll need to look at a still frame of it on your DVD, and even then you have to look very closely to see what the track spells out. The word is made from the metal rails and the wood slat beams directly under the rails of the track, not the white wood frame on the sides. Since the track curves all around, the word is spelled out in cursive handwriting (not block letters). When the Earth is far below as they plummet with Florida ahead of their rollercoaster car, don't concentrate on the state names shown in front of them, pay attention to the word that the curving track spells out as they shoot down the straight track in the middle of the word.
  • Question 6: What is the brand name of Roger's bug spray?
    Hint: From the "Trail Mix-up" cartoon. All of the Roger Rabbit cartoons are on disc one of the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" DVD -- if you don't own it, you can rent it!
The biggest hint: Even if you've entered before, enter again!. You can enter once every 24 hours.

How to answer and enter the contest:
To enter, click the "SEND MSG" button below my signature to send me a private "PM" message with your answers to the contest (note, do not send email to me and do not reply to this topic with answers).  

See below for a list of all the prizes and the complete contest rules. The rules were revised to make things easier: You don't have to have every single answer 100% correct -- and the first EchoEars to answer with the most correct questions will win. Just click the "SEND MSG" button below my signature to send me your answers in order to enter the contest.

And now, back to the original messages which started this topic.

EchoEars, start "toon"ing into some Roger Rabbit trivia, because starting real soon the Disney Echo will have a Roger Rabbit trivia contest! The prizes will feature Disney/Disney Cruise Line guides from PassPorter as well as the recently-published novelette from Roger Rabbit creator/author/Disney EchoEar Gary K. Wolf: "The UnHardy Boys In Outer Space". It is a humorous adventure story of two friends, a priest and a science fiction writer, on board the International Space Station in 2051 -- not a Roger Rabbit story, but Roger does feature prominently in several conversations.

The story appears in "Amityville House of Pancakes Volume 3", the leading anthology of long form humorous science fiction.

The prizes are being put together now, but will feature autographed copies of Gary's latest story in "Amityville House of Pancakes", also autographed by co-writer, Jehane Baptiste, thanks to Gary and Jehane. And a huge tip of the mouse-eared hat to Disney EchoEar Pete S. Allen / chepierre for providing copies of "Amityville House of Pancakes" to the Disney Echo for this contest -- as well as to PassPorter authors/Disney EchoEars Jennifer and Dave Marx / JenniferAndDave.

And, just like Disney's motion picture "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" wasn't rated G, Pete passes along the warning that the "Amityville House of Pancakes" books are certainly not overly baudy, but if the stories were movies they'd probably range from PG to PG-13 (a bit of rough language here and there). Pete didn't want anybody to be surprised and I thank him for passing that along to us.

Among the contest prizes will be three separate first prizes of PassPorter guides in addition to signed copies of "Amityville House of Pancakes", signed by "The UnHardy Boys In Outer Space" co-authors Gary and Jehane.

One Grand Prize will feature a PassPorter guide (update: all of the PassPorter guides listed below) plus all three volumes of the "Amityville House of Pancakes" books with the latest one signed by Gary K. Wolf and Jehane Baptiste.

Complete details will be posted here in this topic on the Disney Echo as well as in the Disney Echo MouseNotes newsletter soon, but I wanted to give y'all early word of this so you can be thinking about Roger Rabbit trivia.

Gary K. Wolf has personally provided the Roger Rabbit trivia questions to me for this contest -- and here's a heads-up: The trivia questions are not only from Disney's Roger Rabbit movie, but also from Gary's original books and the questions even come from each Roger Rabbit cartoons that Disney created! Some are very easy, some not so easy...
 :smart:

So stay "toon"ed for this upcoming contest, EchoEars! :nod:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Feb. 20, 2007, 11:40 am Quote

This contest will be open to all fully-registered Disney EchoEars. When the questions are posted, just be logged in to see them!
:thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Feb. 20, 2007, 2:14 pm Quote

Hi there.... this movie has been playing on my digital cable all month... I have watched parts of it twice.... (have worn out two copies of the video, still haven't bought it on DVD (is it available on dvd? )

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Feb. 20, 2007, 4:41 pm Quote

The DVD is available and it includes the Roger Rabbit cartoons as well (hint, hint! ). It is available at this link to Amazon.com at a discount -- with every order from that link helping the Disney Echo.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Feb. 21, 2007, 10:12 pm Quote

The prize list for the Roger Rabbit trivia contest is coming together!

Among the contest prizes will be three separate first prizes of a PassPorter guide in addition to a signed copy of the "Amityville House of Pancakes" book signed by "The UnHardy Boys In Outer Space" co-authors Gary K. Wolf and Jehane Baptiste.

One Grand Prize winner will feature all three volumes of the "Amityville House of Pancakes" books -- with the latest one signed by AHOP co-authors Gary K. Wolf and Jehane Baptiste. That's the one containing their "The UnHardy Boys In Outer Space" novelette.

In addition, the Grand Prize winner will receive nine guides from Jennifer and Dave at PassPorter:
  • PassPorter Walt Disney World 2007: The Unique Travel Guide, Planner, Organizer, Journal, and Keepsake! (either paperback or inserts for deluxe version, winner decides)
  • PassPorter's Walt Disney World For Your Special Needs
  • PassPorter Disneyland Resort and Southern California Attractions (either paperback or inserts for deluxe version, winner decides)
  • PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and its Ports of Call (either paperback or inserts for deluxe version, winner decides)
  • PassPorter's Disney Cruise Clues – First-Class Tips for Disney Cruise Line Trips
  • PassPorter's Treasure Hunts at Walt Disney World
  • PassPorter's Disney 500: Fast Tips for Walt Disney World Trips
  • PassPorter's Disney Speed Planner - The Easy Ten-Step Program to a Perfect Walt Disney World Vacation
  • PassPorter's Sidekick to the Walt Disney World Resort Guidebook - An Interactive Collection of Worksheets, Journal Pages and Charts

Three First Prizes will be awarded to three other EchoEars, who will each receive the latest "Amityville House of Pancakes" book signed by Gary K. Wolf and Jehane Baptiste, containing their "The UnHardy Boys In Outer Space" novelette.

Each of the three First Prize winners will also get their PICK of one of the nine PassPorter guides from Jennifer and Dave at PassPorter -- but they only get their choice of one from this list...
  • PassPorter Walt Disney World 2007: The Unique Travel Guide, Planner, Organizer, Journal, and Keepsake! (either paperback or inserts for deluxe version, winner decides)
  • PassPorter's Walt Disney World For Your Special Needs
  • PassPorter Disneyland Resort and Southern California Attractions (either paperback or inserts for deluxe version, winner decides)
  • PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and its Ports of Call (either paperback or inserts for deluxe version, winner decides)
  • PassPorter's Disney Cruise Clues – First-Class Tips for Disney Cruise Line Trips
  • PassPorter's Treasure Hunts at Walt Disney World
  • PassPorter's Disney 500: Fast Tips for Walt Disney World Trips
  • PassPorter's Disney Speed Planner - The Easy Ten-Step Program to a Perfect Walt Disney World Vacation
  • PassPorter's Sidekick to the Walt Disney World Resort Guidebook - An Interactive Collection of Worksheets, Journal Pages and Charts

The trivia questions are going to be posted in the next couple of days, right here in this topic, so keep brushing up on your Roger Rabbit trivia, EchoEars -- and good luck!
:thumbsup:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Feb. 23, 2007, 9:25 pm Quote

P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-please get ready, quick as a bunny ;) because later tonight the Roger Rabbit trivia questions will be posted here along with the rules for the contest!
:smart:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Feb. 23, 2007, 11:43 pm Quote

And now, the rules!

Note: The rules have been revised. You don't have to have every single answer 100% correct -- and the first EchoEars to answer with the most correct questions will win. Even if you've already entered before, do it again! You can enter once every 24 hours. You can enter any time between now and 12:01 am WDW time, Thursday, April 5, 2007 when the contest ends.

This Roger Rabbit trivia contest is open to all fully-registered Disney EchoEar Members, ModEARators, and "modEARator emEARitus" members with the exception of me (Rich Koster / RichKoster) and immediate members of my family. Because of their involvement with the prize give-away, Gary K. Wolf (GaryKWolf), Jehane Baptiste, Pete S. Allen (chepierre) and Jennifer and Dave Marx (JenniferAndDave) are also ineligible to enter the contest. In addition, Disney Echo Guests, Non-Members and those people awaiting authorisation of their Disney Echo registration are not eligible to enter.

For all eligible EchoEars, no purchase is necessary to enter and this contest is void where prohibited by law. A list of the winning EchoEars will be posted in this topic at the time the contest has ended, which will be when all the questions have been correctly answered by 4 separate EchoEars. The value of the prizes awarded in this contest are priceless, because they include the autographs of authors Gary K. Wolf and Jehane Baptiste, but if you want a rough idea of what the prizes are worth, check Amazon.com or eBay.

The questions and correct answers were provided to me by Gary K. Wolf, creator of Roger Rabbit, whose decision is final. The answers are not only from Disney's Roger Rabbit movie, but also from Gary's original Roger Rabbit books and the Roger Rabbit cartoons that Disney created.

NOTE: DO NOT ANSWER HERE!!! Do NOT reply to this topic with your answers!!! It is okay to reply about the contest or prizes in general here, but do NOT reply with your answers to the contest. Instead, send me a private "PM" message after clicking the "SEND MSG" button below my signature (note, do not send email to me and do not reply to this topic with answers). After you click the "SEND MSG" button below my signature, put CONTEST as the private Message Title and then in the large box to the right of the MickEmoticons repeat each question followed by what you think the correct answer to each of them are. You may enter, with as many answers as you know or are guessing about, once in every 24 hour period. Again, to send me the message with your answers, just click the "SEND MSG" button at the bottom of my post, below my signature.

The first eligible EchoEar to send me a PM as outlined above with the correct answers to all 6 trivia questions will win the Grand Prize outlined above in this topic.

The second-fastest, third-fastest and fourth-fastest eligible EchoEars to send me a PM as outlined above with (update...) the correct answers with the most correct answers (end of update) to all 6 trivia questions will win one of the 3 First Prizes outlined above in this topic.

When we have winners, I will send each of them a private message informing them that they've won and asking for their real name, mailing address, and phone number. This information will then be given to Gary K. Wolf, Jehane Baptiste, and Pete S. Allen for the "Amityville House of Pancakes" prizes as well as to Jennifer & Dave Marx for the PassPorter prizes. The First Prize winners will inform me of which one of the PassPorter prizes they want. Jennifer & Dave Marx will be mailing out the PassPorter prizes to the winners while Gary K. Wolf, Jehane Baptiste, and Pete S. Allen will be involved in mailing out the "Amityville House of Pancakes" prizes to the winners -- and the "Amityville House of Pancakes" prizes will probably take longer to get to the winners because they need to be sent to Gary K. Wolf and Jehane Baptiste first so they can put their autographs on them.

One entry per person is allowed per day (24-hour period). Each EchoEar needs to be an individual person: No duplicate log-ins per person are allowed. Parental Guidance is suggested for the "Amityville House of Pancakes" prizes. The Disney Echo and anyone associated with this contest is not responsible for those unable to log-in, post their entry in a PM as outlined above, understand the rules, nor those who can't get to the internet for any reason during this contest period. No answers will be posted by me until all of the prizes have been awarded. In case of a tie, Gary K. Wolf will advise us and Roger Rabbit will wear it. (Actually, the only way anyone could be in a tie with another person in the contest is if they both entered at exactly the same second with completely correct answers... not likely to happen.) This contest is not endorsed nor run by The Walt Disney Company but I bet the Disney lawyers are glad I mentioned that.
LOL

The questions will be posted tonight in my next reply, right after I announce in the Disney Echo MouseNotes that the contest is now starting.

Stay "toon"ed!

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Feb. 24, 2007, 12:11 am Quote

And now, the questions!

REMEMBER: DO NOT ANSWER HERE!!! Do NOT reply to this topic with your answers!!! It is okay to reply about the contest or prizes in general here, but do NOT reply with your answers to the contest. Instead, send me a private "PM" message after clicking the "SEND MSG" button below my signature (note, do not send email to me and do not reply to this topic with answers).

• Question 1: How old is Baby Herman?
  • Question 2: Who provided Jessica’s singing voice?
  • Question 3: What is Jessica’s twin sister’s name?
  • Question 4: List 5 of the doors Roger goes through as he’s being wheeled into the hospital.
  • Question 5: As Roger and Baby Herman take the first big plunge on the coaster, the huge panorama of track in front of them spells out what word?
  • Question 6: What is the brand name of Roger's bug spray?

Some of these are easy, some are hard! I might supply hints later, if needed...

Good luck, EchoEars -- and don't use a rabbit's foot for luck! ;)

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Feb. 24, 2007, 10:25 am Quote

And now, some hints!

• Question 1: is from "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?"
  • Question 2: is from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"
  • Question 3: is from "Who P-p-p-plugged Roger Rabbit?"
  • Question 4: is from "Tummy Trouble"
  • Question 5: is from "Roller Coaster Rabbit"
  • Question 6: is from "Trail Mix-up"

That's all the hints for now!

Update: There are more hints on the 2nd page of this topic.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: Feb. 24, 2007, 10:57 am Quote

Jennifer Marx / JenniferAndDave has just added another PassPorter prize to the list:

PassPorter Walt Disney World 2007: The Unique Travel Guide, Planner, Organizer, Journal, and Keepsake! (either paperback or inserts for deluxe version, winner decides)

I'll now add that additional prize into the prize descriptions above and revise where it says eight Passporter books to nine PassPorter books. Thanks, Jennifer!
:bowdown:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
69 replies since Feb. 19, 2007, 7:36 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Roger Rabbit Trivia Contest: Winners & Answers!
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement