Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Question: POLL 2012-2017 Visit Hall of Pres. to See Obama? :: Total Votes:6
Mouseke-Poll choices Votes Statistics
YES: It's a Disney attraction like any other 0  [0.00%]
YES: It's a generally educational attraction 1  [16.67%]
YES: I like Pres. Obama vs. if Gov. Romney had won in 2012 0  [0.00%]
MAYBE: Depends what else there is to see in MK when I visit 0  [0.00%]
NO: Tired of Pres. Obama in Real Life, why see him at MK? 5  [83.33%]
NO: Hall of Presidents doesn't attract me as a park guest 0  [0.00%]
Don't Know or No Opinion 0  [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: POLL 2012-2017 Visit Hall of Pres. to See Obama?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 07, 2012, 12:05 am Quote

So it looks like President Barack Obama has won re-election to that office in 2012, and will be term limited, ending his term in election year 2016 and stepping down on Inauguration Day January 20, 2017.

That means his Audio-Animatronic figure which speaks as the incumbent President at Hall of Presidents, Liberty Square, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, Orlando FL will not be changed by Disney.  Unless they and the President might agree on a re-voicing and making things different....  No announcements about that yet.  Just assume for now that nothing changes and the figure that is there stays through November 2016-January 20, 2017.

So.....

WDW trip planners....

If you haven't already seen the Pres. Obama figure at Hall of Presidents would you want to include this park attraction on a prospective tour of Magic Kingdom on your next visit to Orlando FL?

You can look this up on YouTube.com or generally on the Internet, to see what the President Obama figure is like and what it says.  It would be a spoiler if you do that, of course.  We also have some prior Topics and Polls about President Obama at Hall of Presidents within which are links to see the Audio-Animatronic figure there now.

In a way, the winner here is Disney: The Imagineers don't have to spend time or many making any changes to that attraction for four more years, so they can concentrate on marketing newly refurbished New Fantasyland.
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
utilidor27 Offline
Eric

Contemporary Resort and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Nov. 11, 2012, 8:04 pm Quote

Don't intend to see him if I go in the next four years. I know how hard the custodial cast members work, and they don't need to clean my puke up off the carpet. :barf:

--------------
Eric
Contemporary Resort forum and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

If you're a Disney fan membership in the Echo is simply logical! :CastMemberFormer:
:monorailwdw:

:bug:
Check out the Disney Echo MySpace page @

http://www.myspace.com/478311428
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Nov. 12, 2012, 9:06 am Quote

I can respect the results of the Nov. 6th, 2012 election and that Pres. Obama is now re-elected but term-limited to serve one more four-year term.  But since the man in his first term was a camera hog and flew all over the place to show he was "working" as President, I feel there is no further reason to see him as an Audio-Animatronic speaking figure of incumbent President.  He was over-exposed in media in the first term, and we'll see him all over media in his second term, I can turn TV on any time and see him as President.  

IMHO: At WDW there are many NEW attractions, shows, features, eateries, even a whole new Land at Magic Kingdom.  I'd rather see the new stuff rather than a four-year old attraction with a four year old speaking robot who'll be there the next four years speaking which I can watch on You Tube any time I want at home, so I can skip hall of Presidents.  Since I also disagree politically with Pres. Obama I also have no intention of visiting the Hall of Presidents unless I can skip the Audio-Animatronic auditorium part and see a balanced exhibit of all the Presidents of the US in the overall exhibit who've served and then leave.

Incidentally Disney and Disney CEO Rogert Iger are campaign contributors to Obama, and it's known in the past four years Disney has done special promotional things even in the White House for the Obamas.  First Lady Michelle Obama and their two daughters were given a private showing at Disneyland of "World of Color", for security purposes since the crowd can be huge out there.  Pres. Obama has spoken at WDW at conferences, even in front of Cinderella's Castle, so it's very likely tourists will encounter his motorcade there coming or going as he might speak to other conferences or events there prior to his leaving office Jan. 20, 2017.

Hall of Presidents, BTW, is famous for parents of very young children (infants, toddlers, young pre-school-agers) for being both air conditioned and boring enough for that age group that they can power nap  :sleepy: in the main show...  cool.... dark..... cushioned seats..... closing eyes just for a minute.... then....  :sleepy:  Young children just don't understand or care for that level of attraction, so it's perfectly understandable.
Profile PM
kirby428 Offline
kirby

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Mar. 02, 2013, 9:45 pm Quote

He recently said to the press, "I'm not a dictator..."  Great THOR if he were, there would only be one animatronic doohickey left in HoP.  Barry.  When his no longer talks and only holds up his best golf score, travel expense record book collection and smiles, I might go back.  They really shouldn't update HoP so quickly.  Look how long it took for Disney to update and then down-date Tiki Birds!  Better if it were Hall of Past Presidents and just let George do all the talking so we could see what wooden false teeth looks like.  Or um Hall of Presidents on our Money cause we all know money talks.

--------------
kirby428

"Fun will now commence."
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Dec. 08, 2013, 7:44 am Quote

Bumping up a Poll.  You have to Vote to see what others' votes tally to be.   :flag:
Profile PM
4 replies since Nov. 07, 2012, 12:05 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: POLL 2012-2017 Visit Hall of Pres. to See Obama?
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement