Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Question: NEW POLL: See Obama at Hall of Presidents at MK? :: Total Votes:9
Mouseke-Poll choices Votes Statistics
Yes, it's an attraction like all of them are at Magic Kingdom 3  [33.33%]
Been there, done that, saw Obama already, moving on 1  [11.11%]
No matter who the President is HoP is too dull for my family 0  [0.00%]
Will go because it's educational 0  [0.00%]
I like Pres. Obama a lot and support him, so yes I'll see it 1  [11.11%]
I'm tired of/disagree with Pres. Obama, I won't see HoP 4  [44.44%]
I didn't know there was an attraction featuring Obama at MK 0  [0.00%]
Some members of travel party would, others won't 0  [0.00%]
Hall of Presidents doesn't interest me anyway 0  [0.00%]
Any other answer, who cares, I don't know, dumb poll, etc. 0  [0.00%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: NEW POLL: See Obama at Hall of Presidents at MK?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 30, 2010, 8:04 pm Quote

It's a tradition that the current President of the United States is portrayed at Hall of Presidents (acronym HoP) in Magic Kingdom of Florida's WDW, and in recent years the Audio-Animatronic of the President gives a short, generic, patriotic speech while surrounded by prior Audi-Animatronic figures of all the past Presidents of the United States.  Barack Obama is the most recent figure.

So after Pres. Obama was elected Disney's Imagineers got to work, months later for July 4, 2009 they installed the Obama figure at Hall of Presidents.  We had a Poll at the time.

It's now getting close to two years since Pres. Obama was sworn in as President.  

We'll start a new, updated Poll.

When you and your family plan in the future to tour Magic Kingdom in Florida, would you include in your planning a stop at Hall of Presidents to see-hear the Barack Obama figure speak?

If you want to see how others voted, you have to vote yourself first.  If you click the other choice button without also having voted yourself first, you null your ability to cast any vote in this Poll.  That is how the operating system software is on this site, sorry.  So no peeking if you want to vote, vote first, then look at results. ;-)
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
utilidor27 Offline
Eric

Contemporary Resort and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Sep. 30, 2010, 11:02 pm Quote

I'm passionate about politics (even though passion never governs well) and would hate to see my dislike for the current president's policies interfere with what should be an otherwise vacation to escape from the real world. To me it would be better to wait this time out, and save my Americana for The American Adventure in Epcot.

--------------
Eric
Contemporary Resort forum and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

If you're a Disney fan membership in the Echo is simply logical! :CastMemberFormer:
:monorailwdw:

:bug:
Check out the Disney Echo MySpace page @

http://www.myspace.com/478311428
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Oct. 01, 2010, 9:51 am Quote

Generally Hall of Presidents can make American history come alive for all visitors, and frankly it's a good place to get in out of the heat, into some refreshing air conditioning, and if you have little ones too young to understand who are in strollers it's a good place to ease them into a power nap.   :sleepy: I have heard (haven't visited yet) the concurrent updates to the attraction installed there in 2009 are very good.  And that the Barack Obama figure speaks in a general way about patriotism and the remarks can't be construed to be controversial in any way by any political ideology.

With that said:  It's unfortunate President Obama has lived his Presidency so very exposed in the media.  It's separate from making legitimate news.  The guy is a camera hog.

I respect the office.  And that someone who occupies it who I disagree with politically still deserves basic respect.  But under present circumstances I would hope to be able to see and enjoy most of HoP without having to see Obama, who's everywhere as it is, also there on my vacation.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Oct. 03, 2010, 7:02 pm Quote

Prior Poll about the Pres. Obama figure at Hall of Presidents:

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....l=obama

Existing Topic about the president Obama figure at Hall of Presidents:

http://new.disneyecho.emuck.com/cgi-bin....l=obama

In one or both of those Existing Topics is a link to see and hear the President Obama figure at Hall of Presidents.  Obviously if you haven't seen HoP yet and want to be surprised, don't go look.  if you don't care and feel curious or you've already seen the attraction, then look if you want to.  But you are in charge of what you choose, so be true to yourself and look or don't look.  If you see "spoilers" then it's because you chose to head in that direction on our site or elsewhere online.

And again, a reminder:  If you take a look at the Earlier Poll or are curious about this New Poll and are curious to see how people voted and the results, you choose either to vote in it yourself in order to see the results or choose "Null Vote See Results" without voting.  Once you click on Null, you cannot vote.  That is how the operating system of Disney Echo is set up.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

"American Experience" over at Epcot World Showcase is very very good.  And "Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln" at Disneyland is outstanding if you enjoy the general subject of American history and want to see how Disney portrays it.
Profile PM
utilidor27 Offline
Eric

Contemporary Resort and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Oct. 05, 2010, 12:26 am Quote

"American Experience" over at Epcot World Showcase is very, very good
Ok Carol, you know I can't let that one slide - that's "The American Adventure" pavillion @ Epcot's World Showcase. Time for ya'll to head back to WDW!

--------------
Eric
Contemporary Resort forum and Downtown Disney co-modEARator

If you're a Disney fan membership in the Echo is simply logical! :CastMemberFormer:
:monorailwdw:

:bug:
Check out the Disney Echo MySpace page @

http://www.myspace.com/478311428
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Nov. 04, 2012, 7:32 pm Quote

Disney fans:  Pres. Obama might stop being a crowd draw at Hall of Presidents in Magic Kingdom in Orlando soon.  His Audio-Animatronic will go silent if he doesn't win re-election.  If you haven't seen Obama's figure speak there, time is short especially if Obama is voted out of office.  There will be a necessary closing for months to remove and reposition the Obama figure for a Romney figure.  Head's up that even though New Fantasyland might be finished, that in Liberty Square a new "closed for renovation" sign might go up between November and January swearing in for months it takes to design, voice, install and make sure it works well, and any renovations to take place, until a new figure is ready for public view in Hall of Presidents between Nov. 6th election and the figure is ready, whenever, if Romney wins.  If Obama wins nothing happens, likely.  Disney will announce if necessary.

Presidential election Nov. 6, 2012... Vote!

:flag:
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Nov. 06, 2012, 11:31 pm Quote

This Poll is still valid, folks, so feel free to vote in it if you want to.

Disney fans: I guess with Obama reaching 270+ electoral votes Hall of Presidents at Liberty Square, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, Orlando FL has no changes in store, 4 more years of the existing Obama figure speaking to park guests.
Profile PM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Posted: Dec. 08, 2013, 7:45 am Quote

Bumping up a Poll.  You have to Vote to see what others' votes tally to be.   :flag:
Profile PM
7 replies since Sep. 30, 2010, 8:04 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: NEW POLL: See Obama at Hall of Presidents at MK?
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement