Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: New Shared Calendar for Disney EchoEars!, Your upcoming vacation dates. Meet up!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 06, 2006, 2:16 pm Quote

New Disney Echo Calendar makes it easy for EchoEars to share their vacation dates to meet up with each other!

Take a peek here! This is a link to the calendar...

...and this is a link to just today on the calendar.

This new Disney Echo calendar will make it easy for all EchoEars to add to this calendar, sharing information we want others to see such as who is going where and when on a Disney vacation, cruise, etc.!

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
Heather Offline
Heather

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 06, 2006, 10:48 pm Quote

:confused: Maybe I'm missing something but I couldn't figure out how to add to the calendar. Am I supposed to change your name to mine and then add or what?? I was able to click on the day but when I tried to add to a time, I couldn't. Just wanted to let you know. :help:

--------------

Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 07, 2006, 8:05 pm Quote

Note: If you want to be a part of the Disney Echo's Planzo calendar, I have to approve you. To avoid spammers, I'll need to know your Disney Echo log-in so that I can contact you via your email address to verify you actually want to do this. If you request to be in the group without providing this when asking to be in our group, I'll need to reject the request in order to fight spammers.

You need to get a free Planzo log-in first. The information about Planzo's calendar says "You can see what your friends and family have planned, share events with them, or add events from their calendars to yours all in just a few clicks."

Here's what it says at http://www.planzo.com/:
"Share Events: Share your events with friends on Planzo"

"...Figure out when to plan events. You can see what your friends are up to on one calendar"

I created a new account for just myself so I could log in as one of you EchoEars to see what you'll need to do.

Here's how to do it!

At the Planzo.com/ log-in page, create a Planzo log-in for yourself. When you're successful, it will give you instructions about how to set up your own calendar the way you want it to look - as well as how to share an event on your calendar with "friends" -- in this case, "DisneyEcho" is the "friend" you want to share your event with so it appears on the Disney Echo's Planzo calendar as well as your own personal one.

To do that, first you'll need to verify your email address with Planzo to be allowed to send Friend Requests. When that is done, you'd request to be on the DisneyEcho friends list in order to share your events on the DisneyEcho's Planzo calendar.

You should then look in the inbox of the email address you gave Planzo when you sign-up for the calendar. They'll be sending an email message with the subject of "Planzo: Email Verification" from "Planzo Calendar" which you'll need to read and then click on the link they'll supply.

When you email is verified on Planzo, you can then click on the "Back to My Calendar" link.

Next, do what it says on your Planzo calendar:
"Search out friends [using the text box to the right of the "Users (by name)" box] and add them to your Favorites list. Just type in their name in the search bar and click 'Add to My Favorites'. After that, you can share events with them."

It worked for me. I entered DisneyEcho in that text entry box, then clicked the Find button to the right of it. The next page then displayed, showing "User Search Results"...
"DisneyEcho (Rich Koster)
Planzo user since: Jan 4, 2006

To the right of that was a link to "(Add to My Favorites)" so I clicked that. A verification pop-up window opened asking "Would you like to add DisneyEcho (Rich Koster) as a favorite?" with two choices: an "Add to My Favorites" button and a "Nevermind" button.

After I clicked "Add to My Favorites", this was displayed:
You have added DisneyEcho (Rich Koster) to your favorites.

Rich's Birthday is on May 2nd. Would you like to add this event to your Calendar?

You can then click the "Add to My Calendar" button or the "Don't Add" button -- your choice, and it doesn't matter which one you click on.

You can then go back to your own calendar using he provided link or go to the DisneyEcho calendar, also using the provided link.

Meanwhile, an email message will be sent to me to allow you to be "my friend" (which actually means part of the DisneyEcho group so we can share events). After I get the email and allow it, the next time you check out your favorites and click on the DisneyEcho favorite, you'll see "You are also DisneyEcho's favorite"

To share events:
After you've created your Planzo log-in, you had Planzo verify your email, and you are logged-in at Planzo, go to http://disneyecho.planzo.com/ to the DisneyEcho Planzo Calendar where you'll find "DisneyEcho Groups" on the lower left with "DisneyEcho" underlined below it. Click that link and a new page will appear which includes ( Join This Group! ) -- so click that and you'll see that it will instantly display "You are a member"

That means you can now share your event with the DisneyEcho Calendar on Planzo!!!

So you'd create your event (such as an upcoming Disney vacation) on your own Planzo calendar, What I did was go back to my own personal calendar and then clicked on "Add New Event" to find a pop-up window asking for the date of the event and what details I wanted to include about it. I entered in my son's January 2nd birthday this way:

For event name I entered "Michael Koster's birthday"

For the additional notes I entered "He'll be 11 in 2007."

I left the time set as the default "no time" instead of specific time of day.

I clicked where it had today's date displayed and a small calendar appeared where I clicked the 2 in the month of January.

For event options I took the default checkmark away from "include in daily/weekly emails".

Where it showed "Repeat:" I clicked on the default "None" and then clicked on "Day" to make it "Week"... and then clicked on "Week" to make it "Month"... and then clicked on "Month" to make it "Year" so it would repeat "every 1 year" and I left the default "no end date" the way it was. Then I clicked the "Save" button and my new event then appeared on my own personal calendar.

Once you are on the list of DisneyEcho "friends", when you're logged into your own Planzo calendar you can select "See Friends' Events" found in your Favorites box on your calendar. In that way, all the friends' events you have made on Planzo will be displayed to you, as long as they haven't set them as Private.

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
sadizney Offline
Sandy

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 07, 2006, 10:44 pm Quote

I joined and added Disney Echo!  :)
Anyone else??

--------------
:waver:  :magic:
WDW trips: Apr.'74, 'Aug. 78, Aug. '80, Aug.'84, June '86, Oct. '86, March '87, Oct. '90,  June '92,  Aug. '92, Jan. '93, Aug. '93, Nov. '94, Aug.'95, Aug.'96, June '97, Aug.'98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July 2005, June/July 2006, Feb. '07, July '07, June '08, August '09 . November '09, August '10. July '11. June/July 2012, October 2012
DL trips: April '88, Oct. '91, June '95, Aug. '95
DCL trip: April '08
Five Parks, Four Worlds, One Dream, One Man :tinkflying:
VMK Name: Sanderella :ArielSparkle: Left to right: Barb, me and Bob

Here's wishing I was 1228.25 miles closer to "home."

"PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Profile PM
disneyhottie0731 Offline
Kelly

Posted: Jan. 08, 2006, 3:47 am Quote

I joined as well....This is really cool there is so much you can do with this site!  Thanks for all the hard work Rich!  Hopefully more people will join as well

--------------
Kelly

Please stand clear of the doors
Por favor, mantenge se, allehado de las peurtas
Profile PM AOL YIM
sadizney Offline
Sandy

Posted: Jan. 08, 2006, 1:27 pm Quote

Rich I added you and Disney Echo on as friends. If I want to add any other Disney Echo member on to the friends list such as Kelly, do I need to or does it automatically add anyone under the "Disney Echo" category?

--------------
WDW trips: Apr.'74, 'Aug. 78, Aug. '80, Aug.'84, June '86, Oct. '86, March '87, Oct. '90,  June '92,  Aug. '92, Jan. '93, Aug. '93, Nov. '94, Aug.'95, Aug.'96, June '97, Aug.'98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July 2005, June/July 2006, Feb. '07, July '07, June '08, August '09 . November '09, August '10. July '11. June/July 2012, October 2012

"PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID, BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Profile PM
disneyhottie0731 Offline
Kelly

Posted: Jan. 08, 2006, 7:02 pm Quote

HAHA I Was about to ask the exact same question!

--------------
Kelly

Please stand clear of the doors
Por favor, mantenge se, allehado de las peurtas
Profile PM AOL YIM
JEHI7278 Offline
Jim H

Posted: Jan. 08, 2006, 7:48 pm Quote

I joined too!

--------------

The Polynesian Village 11/1983 - 1st visit
Port Orleans Riverside - 2/06
Port Orleans Riverside - 2/07
Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside & Boardwalk - 11/07
Just The Two Of Us, SSR (Flower & Garden) - 5/08
10 Days At SSR For MNSSHP :ghost: / Food & Wine - 10/08
4 Days @ POR for Spring Break - 4/09
Old Key West & MNSSHP 9/09

Profile PM
sadizney Offline
Sandy

Posted: Jan. 08, 2006, 8:17 pm Quote

Quote (JEHI7278 @ Jan. 08, 2006 19:48 am/pm)
I joined too!

Cool!  :thumbsup:

--------------

Profile PM
Ave2006 Offline
Averill Springer

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: Jan. 08, 2006, 9:22 pm Quote

Just joined myself.  Thanks Rich!

HOW FUN IS THIS GOING TO BE!!  I am a major planner and while the online planner at the Disney site is GREAT!  I needed something just like this.  To help me remember when to do this, and that.

Thanks!

Ave

--------------

Profile PM
13 replies since Jan. 06, 2006, 2:16 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: New Shared Calendar for Disney EchoEars!
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement