Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Mary Poppins, Big fan and collector..bt need help plse< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Fedelity Feduciray Place Offline
Helen Mallett

Disney EchoEar

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 18, 2006, 1:52 pm Quote

Hya just woundering ifanyone could help.Im a big fan of Mary Poppins and have started collecting stuff from movie ect. anyhow kinda hit a brick wall and if anyone couldhelp theyd have a life long friend (if they wanted one)
I'm looking forsigned stuff or addresses of cast and crew and really anything
Thanks
Profile PM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
MKBaughan Offline
Marsha

All-Star, Pop Century, Happy Birthday & Games/Role-Play mod.

Group: ModEARator
Posted: Jan. 18, 2006, 4:36 pm Quote

Helen, welcome to the Echo..... I think your best bet would be to try Ebay.... I have not seen anything from MP anywhere.... good luck....

--------------
ModEARator of the Disney Echo's "Happy Birthday" forum, Games & Role Playing Forum,  Virtual Disney Forum, all the forums in the Magical Gatherings & Net-Meets category, and the Value Resorts Forum
  :Piglet:  :Pluto:

Grayson sleeping in Tim's Duffle bag.  He wanted to go to WDW with us.

Miracle, the Wonder Cat!  She was in the position most of the time she was around me!  She is scary!

Trips: WDW- '74, '96,'98 (also DL),'99,'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '07/ DL '05
Profile PM AOL MSN YIM
CarolKoster Offline
Carol Koster

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 09, 2013, 6:48 am Quote

Forever long ago post, seven years ago, and the original poster is probably long gone now, but anyway, there's news and tips:

Disney classic movie and DVD collector fans: Look at the review of the new re-release of "Mary Poppins" to DVD and Blu-Ray in conjunction with the theatrical release of "Saving Mr. Banks".  Consider for gift giving, or a present for yourself, owning this for the extra bonus material!  

http://www.latimes.com/enterta....yY4AtOE

For memorabilia join two organizations, pay the airfare to attend their events, etc.  

1.  The Disneyana Club, formerly called National Fantasy Fan Club The Club for Disneyana Enthusiasts .  It's a non-profit national social club with chapters all over the US composed of Disney fan collectors, people who have the hobby of collecting Disney things.  Join their national club, then see if they have a local or regional chapter near you.  Every July they hold their national convention in conjunction with the official opening anniversary date of Disneyland at a hotel near that park, they have speakers, events....  And a Show and Sale sales floor where memorabilia collects buy, sell, and trade among themselves.  At the link:  Read about the club, explore all around it, join any of the chapters or learn how to found your own chapter.

http://disneyanafanclub.org

2.  Disney a couple of years ago started their own fan club called D23 .  They publish a quarterly magazine that you can buy in major bookstore magazine sections and probably right now their current issue spotlights "Frozen", Disney's successful animated musical now in theaters, and "Saving Mr. Banks", new live action starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and Emma Thompson as PL Travers, the author of the "Mary Poppins" books, about how it was a creative struggle for Disney to sign Travers to let Disney have the film rights to her books then work with her while the movie was being made.  D23 every two years has a major convention and they conduct studio back lot tours for members-only.  They have a "store" online where you can spend money and buy members-only things, too!

https://d23.com

Suggestions:  I'd collect news articles about "Saving Mr. Banks", connect up with the Disneyana Club and D23, and also see if there are fan clubs for "Mary Poppins" as a niche social interest, Julie Andrews fan clubs, Dick Van Dyke fan clubs.  Anything in Disney Stores brick and mortar, or DisneyStore.com, or in WDW or Disneyland parks, I know there are higher-end memorabilia stores at the parks for the high-end collector, also collector aspects of DisneyStore.com (dig deep in their offerings).  There used to be a collector series of figurines call Walt Disney Classics Collections or WDCC for short.  Our former NFFC (see #1 above) chapter in New Orleans had avid collectors of these in the 1990s.  You could find sellers via Disneyana Club or D23 members or as suggested eBay.  Knowing Disney in conduction with "Saving Mr. Banks" there is probably high end things to buy.  There is also  a background painting artist for Disney's live action films, last name is Ellenshaw.  I know for a fact his paintings and reproductions of his paintings have been for sale by Disney in it's theme park high end collector shops and online, also online at various movie and Disney art galleries.  He did backgrounds for "Mary Poppins", "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" "Darby O'Gill and the Little People", "Peter Pan" and more.  The higher end collectibles, you'll be digging deep into pocket, wallet or credit card for those, but especially for the WDCC figurines and Ellenshaw art reproductions those will be worth it!  Last find Disney pin collectors and collectors clubs, look for pins for sale online by Disney and in the parks themed to Mary Poppins, etc.  Also look for autographs from theme park walk-around Mary Poppins, ask at Guest Services at the parks for a schedule, or at AllEarsNet.com you can find character meals at the parks and see if Mary Poppins is visiting diners at any.  Also AllEarsNet.com has a list of which characters do make theme park appearances..... You might find Mary at England part of Epcot World Showcase.

I hope that helps, even seven years after you posted it.

But everyone else, if you collect "Mary Poppins" stuff or are simply interested in the re-release of the movie to DVD and Blu-Ray, check it out.

You're on your own for URL searching, though.  I can refer you, but I also have stuff to do offline in Real Life so I'm busy too, but just use suggestions and Google-Bing-Yahoo ! search and references will pop up !  :thumbsup:  :pixiedust:

I've requested my husband Rich Koster, Site Administrator, move this Topic to a collectors forum we have where it makes more sense for others still logging in here and researching here for evergreen topics to be able to find it.  This should have been done 7 years ago, but somehow we missed it.  

:pixiedust:  :bowdown:  :waver:
Profile PM
2 replies since Jan. 18, 2006, 1:52 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Mary Poppins
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement