Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue: Tips & Comments, At WDW's Ft.W since 6/14/1974< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: June 02, 2004, 11:43 pm Quote

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Fort Wilderness Resort

The Laughs Are Still Fresh as "Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue" Celebrates 30 Years and More Than 28,000 Performances

How time flies when you're leaving 'em laughing in their spare ribs and fried chicken: Disney's "Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue" dinner show celebrates a milestone 30th anniversary on June 14, 2004.

The Pioneer Hall Players -- an ever-changing cast of singers, dancers and musicians with a passion for whimsy -- will mark the occasion as they have in more than 28,000 performances: with guffaws as fresh (and silly) as they were when Disney entertainment gurus created "Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue" as a college workshop program in summer 1974.

When summer ended, the show did not. On Sept. 5, 1974, a professional troupe of Disney entertainers continued the roles of Six Bits (and his bear jokes), the darlings Dolly and Flora and giggling Clair, and Johnny and Jim Handy.

The rest is hysteria. Mass hysteria, in fact -- an audience during 30 years in excess of 8 million people laughing and chowing down at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.

There in rustic Pioneer Hall you'll find a down-home, foot stompin', hand clappin', western vaudeville musical-and-comical revue-style dinner show featuring a zany bunch of singing and dancing road-show entertainers.

Folks enjoy the all-you-care-to-eat menu (served family style) of tossed green salad, fresh baked bread, smoked BBQ pork spare ribs, country-fried chicken, corn, baked beans, and beverages. During the meal, a troupe of six Wild West performers entertains guests with a bucket-load of corny jokes and songs -- all topped off by a memorable act that involves the cast delivering strawberry shortcake.)

The dinner show has seatings at 5, 7:15 and 9:30 p.m. each night in rustic Pioneer Hall -- where all 360 seats are routinely filled with vacationers for the first two shows. Even the late show frequently has a big audience! The cost, including tax and gratuities, is $49.01 for ages 12 and over and $24.81 for ages 3 to 11. Reservations, which are required, can be arranged by calling 407/WDW-DINE.

For reservations and information, call 407/WDW-DINE.

Source: Walt Disney World
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 03, 2004, 12:32 am Quote

HOOP-DEE-DOO MUSICAL REVUE IN THE BEGINNING -- College workshop performers provoked the laughs during the summer of 1974 when Disney's Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue debuted in Pioneer Hall at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The dinner-show fun was so well received that the show continued with a cast of professional actors and actresses in fall 1974.

GUESTS EAT, DRINK AND LAUGH during a performance of Disney's Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue in the fall of 1974.

PICTURE POSTCARD FINISH to a 1974 performance of Disney's Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue features original cast of professionals who took over following the show's inaugural summer as a college workshop production.

STOMP YOUR FEET -- After 30 years, more than 28,000 performances and more than 8 million guests, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue continues to serve up dinnertime laughter and fun in Pioneer Hall at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, located at Walt Disney World Resort.

©2004, THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY.
Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
RocklandRVers Offline

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: June 04, 2004, 9:07 am Quote

YAHOO! We have been to HDDR on our 2 previous trips and of course doing it again on JUNE 29th when we are bringing my Mother in Law for her first visit to WDW and FtW!

As I type this, I am humming that tune:
Hoop dee doo, hoop dee doo
We're mighty happy just to be here with you.
We'll entertain you till the ev'ning is through
We hope that we can make you smile.

We got trouble on the run.
Come and join us in the fun.
Hoop Dee Doin' it in style

We've Got a Fiddle in the Middle
And it really is a riddle how he plays the tune so sweet.
Plays the tune so sweet it makes ya cry!
Whistle stomp and yell.
We're gonna stay a spell cause we're hoop dee doin' in tonight.

Hoop dee doo, hoop dee doo.
We're gonna do some fancy dancin' for you
We'll entertain you 'til the ev'nin' is through

We Hope that we can make you smile
Sorry that you had to wait
but you see the coach was late
Thru the rain or sleet or snow
We'll get here to do our show.
We're so glad that you could come
Nothing's gonna stop us from
Hoop dee doin' it
Hoop dee doin' it
Hoop dee doin' it tonight.

Ya Hoo Hoop Dee Doo
Ya Hoo Hoop Dee Doo
Ya Hoo Hoop Dee Doo
Ya Hoo Hoop Dee Doo
Ya Hoo Hoop Dee Doo

We're so glad to see you all.
Shake the rafters fill the hall.
Hoop dee doin' it with all our might.
Hoop dee doin it.
Hoop dee doin it.
Hoop dee doin it ton night.
Ya Hoo!

--------------
RocklandRVers
Profile PM
Minnie Mare Offline
Mariann

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: June 06, 2004, 8:51 am Quote

The Hoop-Dee-Doo is one of my favorite things to do at WDW.  With that said, the darndest thing happened to me there last summer.  In the price of your ticket, included is your meal, drinks (including beer) and the show.  I am not 21, I have not been close to that for over 20 years.  We were seated at a great table, right behind the piano player, ahh, all was well with the world.  We were greeted by our server and ordered a pitcher of ice cold beer.  Well, I was asked to show ID!  I didn't bring my bag as I didn't want to carry it around.  I did not have ID and I was refused alcohol.  I spoke with the manager and was given the OK, but I could only order my beer thru him, so no pitcher for us.  It was flattering and annoying at the same time, it was also a bit embarrassing to tack him down to get a refill.  A word of advise, no matter how old you think you look or how old you are, be sure to have you ID with you if you intend on drinking. :beeryum:

--------------

Last vacation: Polynesian Resort 3/9-13/04, US/IOA 3/13-16/04
Profile PM
DIZZKNEE Offline
DIZZKNEE

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 07, 2004, 8:17 am Quote

That is standard policy and procedure at WDW I've had the same thing happen at the HDDR and at PI. Esspecialy if you have minors at your party. Although an inconvience I like the policy.

--------------

Profile PM
Mary Offline
Please stand clear of the doors.....

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Posted: June 07, 2004, 9:01 am Quote

I laughed so hard at the HDDR that one of the cast members said, "You don't get out much, do you miss?"  We had made our PS 1 year before and were right next to the stage, and with my laugh (and occasional snort) they noticed.  Of course this made me laugh even more!  LOL

--------------
Peace,
Mary
:pixiedust: :beer: :pixiedust: :tinkflying:

We enjoyed our Christmas 2004 vacation at WDW!
May 2005: DD Katie performed with her band in WDW and we stayed at the Polynesian
Profile PM
ennisb Offline
Bryan

Disney EchoEar Advanced

Posted: June 07, 2004, 10:01 am Quote

We have done this a couple of times and had a great fun each and every time.  My  first trip my wife was picked as the can can dancer which of course is great since 1) she can not dance and 2) had on flip flops so you can imagine what happened when she danced.

--------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Photo's of our 2003 Vacation click here
Trip report with Photo's from  2001 Disney Magic Cruise are here

Profile PM WEB AOL YIM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: June 11, 2004, 9:11 pm Quote

Wow! :coolgrin: Where did you get the lyrics, RocklandRVers? :coonskin:

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
debs5angels Offline
Debbie

Disney EchoEar Mouseter

Posted: July 12, 2004, 5:38 pm Quote

does anyone know where I can actually hear the song. I would love to learn it before we go and shock my husband and start singing it. :band:  :music:

debs5angels

--------------
debs5angels
:thewave:

Profile PM
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: July 12, 2004, 7:39 pm Quote

Quote (debs5angels @ July 12, 2004 16:38 am/pm)
does anyone know where I can actually hear the song. I would love to learn it before we go and shock my husband and start singing it. :band:  :music:

Yoo Hoo, Debbie!

Right-click on this picture and select "Save Target As..." (then save it to someplace like your desktop and then play the mpeg file from there after it downloads) and you'll be able to hear as well as see the song performed!

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
87 replies since June 02, 2004, 11:43 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (9) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue: Tips & Comments
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement