Disneyland Resort forums co-modEARator
Joined: Dec. 2003
||Posted: Sep. 13, 2014, 6:27 pm
I had a busy (and hot) day at the Disneyland Resort on Friday. The fall season finds us in the middle of a heat wave here in Southern California and temperatures were in the upper 90s when I arrived at the parks. I posted two large picture sets taking a look at all the happenings.
Posted pictures from Friday September 12th at the Disneyland Resort (http://disneygeek.com/disneyland/pictures) . Included in this set:
* Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort officially started Friday this includes the Pumpkin Festival on Main Street USA, a Halloween Carnival at the Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland with pumpkin carving, Mickey's Mask-arade, a Magic Act, Conjure a Villain, Games, and more. Plus several food and merchandise offerings around both parks. The haunted Mansion Holiday and Ghost Galaxy returned on Friday too.
* Food prices went up around the parks at many counter service locations since my last visit. I took pictures of many of the menus to update our Disneyland dining section (http://disneygeek.com/disneyland/dining) . I included some in the update, the dining section (http://disneygeek.com/disneyland/dining) will not be updated until later in the week.
* Friday was also Dapper Day at the parks, so in the background of my shots you will see quite a few nicely dressed guests.
* A check of the ongoing projects - Sub Lagoon walls were down, some new projects around the parks
* To close out the night some Fantasmic and Remember Dreams Come True fireworks pictures
Some recent postings to the Geek's Blog (http://blog.disneygeek.com) to note:
* #Frozen taking over Norway @ EPCOT, Cinderella Castle lighting & extended at Hollywood Studios (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/09/12/more-frozen-wdw-announced-today-on-the-disney-parks-blog/)
* Throwback Thursday - Rocket Rods @ Disneyland from 2000 (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/09/11/disneyland-rocket-rods-videos-tbt/)
* Disney Big Hero Six introduction - Who, What, Where, When (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/09/10/disneys-big-hero-6-introduction-who-what-where-when-bighero6/) (part two coming this week)
* Ducktales video with real ducks (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/09/08/ducktales-video-with-real-ducks-disney-celebrates-back-to-school-with-90s-themed-throwback
* Disney Paint the Night Parade Premieres at Hong Kong Disneyland (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/09/11/paint-the-night-premieres-at-hong-kong-disneyland/) (Parade video)
* "Ears & Bubbles" by Bobby Burgess – My 1st Impressions (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/09/07/ears-bubbles-by-bobby-burgess-my-1st-impressions/)
Here are the most recent videos featuring my pictures from visits to the Disneyland Resort:
* August 29 (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/09/01/a-video-summary-of-my-photos-taken-disneyland-on-friday-829/)
* August 22 (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/08/25/a-video-summary-of-my-photos-taken-disneyland-on-friday-822/)
* August 15 (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/08/18/a-video-summary-of-my-photos-taken-disneyland-on-friday-815/)
* August 8 (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/06/23/2014-disneyland-all-american-college-band-information-videos/)
* August 1 (http://blog.disneygeek.com/2014/08/04/a-video-summary-of-my-photos-taken-disneyland-on-friday-801/)
Some recent Disney Press Releases:
* 09/09/14 - The Walt Disney Family Museum Presents All Aboard: A Celebration of Walt’s Trains (http://disneygeek.com/other/disneymuseum/releases/2014/2014_09_09_trains.html)
* 09/04/14 - Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sept. 19-Nov. 10 Celebrates Puerto Rico and Patagonia during Hispanic Heritage Month (http://disneygeek.com/news/releases/2014/2014_09_04_epcotfw.php)
* 09/04/14 - Disney Legend Tony Baxter and a Tomorrowland Sneak Peek Added to Destination D: Attraction Rewind at Walt Disney World November 22-23 (http://disneygeek.com/news/releases/2014/2014_09_04_d23destinationd.php)
* 09/03/14- The Walt Disney Family Museum's September - Programs, Activities, Screenings, and Special Events (http://disneygeek.com/other/disneymuseum/releases/2014/2014_09_01_september_events.html)
* 09/02/14 - The Happiest Place on Earth Shows a Spooky Disney Side! Disneyland Resort Celebrates Halloween Time 2014, Sept. 12 through Oct. 31 (http://disneygeek.com/news/releases/2014/2014_09_02_halloween.php)
Aulani turned three on August 29th. I was able to visit Aulani last year and was there for the second anniversary. Here are my pictures, videos, thoughts and observations from Aulani (http://blog.disneygeek.com/information/2013-aulani-trip/) .
If you missed my last picture set, I posted pictures from Friday August 29th at the Disneyland Resort (http://disneygeek.com/disneyland/pictures) . Highlights include:
* Disneyland Half Marathon - runDisney Health & Fitness Expo merchandise
* The Sub Lagoon has been filled since last week
* Today was the last day for the Adventure Trading Company
* Halloween preparations continue with more displays in the stores and the Haunted Mansion closed for the holiday overlay installation
* A new digital photo/texting option for Screamin onride photos
Jason / disneygeek
Disneyland Resort forums co-modEARator