Shake Hands & Newbie Help Trip Reports & Travel Dining & Planning Disney At Home Fun News & History
Disneyland / WDW Parks & Resorts: Concierge / Ft. Wilderness / Polynesian News & Business Animation & Live
Disney Echo feed Scroll Topic List Disney Echo TV Forum Search Button Travel Blog Mouseke-Calendar ModEARator Team Forum Help Button
Click to join DisneyEchoMouseNotes
Click to subscribe
to
Disney Echo MouseNotes!

Welcome to the Disney Echo!
It looks like you haven't registered for our forums -- or you aren't logged in yet. Did you know there are some forums and features here only for logged-in members can see? Yes, there are!
More important than that, you need to log in to comment in our many Disney discussions or send messages here. We're always eager to share tips and opinions on the Disney Echo with fellow Disney fans -- yours, too! So...
Don't just be our Guest... Register and join in the fun! Already an EchoEar? Click here for the log-in page!
To get the most out of your experience here on the Disney Echo, please register and log in. Registration is free. There are a lot of benefits to being a member and logging in. For one thing, this annoying text won't be at the top of every screen! There also will be unlimited access to you to read and participate in all of the Disney Echo forums. You can receive notifications regarding topics of interest. Send and receive private messages with other Disney EchoEars. So sign up and then log in today!
» Welcome, Guest
[ Log In ˚◦˚ Register It's free! Only takes 30 seconds! Log-in problems? Click here! ]

Pages: (85) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll
Topic: You Make a Story II: Disney Treasure Hunt, The Story Game continues< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DaveykinsFoxFire Offline
David Foxfire

Disney EchoEar Grand Mouseter

Group: Members
Posted: April 06, 2008, 10:35 pm Quote

You Make a Story
Chapter 2

Part the First:  Introductions and Guidelines

Quoted from The previous topic:

{Numerous Veteran EchoEars} remember back during the '80s on the Bulletin Board System run at his local high school computer they used to have a game section, and its most popular game was the "Story" game, where people would do the old campfire thing about writing a paragraph to an existing story and then letting the next person add on a paragraph of their own, everybody adding on and on and on to it until it was either as serious or silly as it could get.

A lot of his favorite stories had them writing as themselves being the main characters all doing something in the story as a group, and it could get really fun (and lots of times really silly if we wanted it to be). He and I think this could be fun here, too, that Disney EchoEars might really like and enjoy participating in. . .

This new forum is a continuation of this older topic linked above, as two of the more (more or less) present some new twists in the current role play (I refer to the most recent posts in the previous topic for the first look.)  I feel that this will make for a great jumping on point for new players as well as provide a smooth transition for people who still want to play.

Being in the Disney Echo provides for some rather friendly guidelines:  You can play as yourself if you wish, or you can make up your own character and even provide a back story for him or her, which I'll gladly link to.  Keep in mind that the Disney Echo is a family-friendly site, so keep things G-rated.  I'll also suggest not to be a "power player" and make things more difficult than it should be.  If you need to make a comment that's outside of the storyline, be sure to flag it (a simple 'OOC:' tag in front of your comment would be sufficient.)  If you wish to add graphics, something I certainly will make, be sure to have an image server that won't mind any amount of linking, directly or otherwise.  Rich can help you out if you have any questions.  Oh, and keep it decent, if you don't mind ;)  This is Disney, after all.

Oh, and before we begin, I'll be toying with a story idea I've been having with Johnny Briz for some time, where he's found by a local budding animator and becomes the subject of a viral 'web cartoon' series.  I'll tell you more about it as I progress through the story, if all goes well.

Part the Second:  Bob Iger's Introduction

Disney CEO Bob Iger stands in front of a stylized map of the entire Disney World area including the community of Celebration, with seven points tagged inside numerous places:  Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Celebration, and Fort Wilderness.  (OOC:  An image of this map will be shown in a later post.  This of course means I haven't made it yet :P )  

Iger:  "A tremendous discovery has been made in the Walt Disney World Resort that was hidden by the location's present caretakers until recently.  This map was discovered by Scrooge McDuck which tells of a hidden treasure laid somewhere in the property, a treasure that upon further investigations prove to be split into at least seven pieces and scattered all across the region.

The exact nature of what this map leads to is unknown, but we do know that, after careful study of the handwriting by a paleographer has identified the author of this map:  None other than Walt Disney himself.  I'm speculating, but he must've hidden seven objects of some value as he was surveying the area and left them there before his death.

With the importance of this treasure in mind, both to this company and Uncle Walt's personal legacy, Mickey Mouse has personally started an investigation of this map and it's seven treasures.  He will be accompanied by various individuals both within the company and independents . . ."

. . . . .

Being that Iger is announcing all this on the Disney Channel, it's pretty much seen by everyone with a television.  That includes a house in Celebration Florida which still remained pretty much a standard townhouse no different from anyone else.

Unless you put into account it's owner.

"Gosh."  Mickey said as he raised his head from an animator's lightbox, "At least he's being modest about it."

A gray mouse about Mickey's size stood next to him.  "At least he's not mentioning me."

"All you internet fans would like this:" Iger continued on the screen.  "I've heard that new Internet Celebrity Johnny Briz is a part of Mickey's team.  Most of you know him more on his filmed cartoons online.  Despite not being a Disney character, the majority of his antics is staged on Celebration, so we at Disney would like to . . ."

Mickey couldn't hear the rest over Johnny's groans.  "Bob, stop.  Yer embarrassing me."

"Oh, take it easy on Iger, Johnny," said a girl's voice from behind the two.  "He just wanted to give you a shout out."

Mickey turned to Amber, the young woman responsible for all those Internet Cartoons.  She was holding her digital camera and making sure that everything's ready.  "Aw, he's just having his youthful nervous stage.  I had them all the time in my black and white days."

Mickey gave Johnny a reassuring pat on the back, until Amber said, "Did you just call yourself 'old,' Mickey?"

The look of utter "URK!" on Mickey's face was priceless.  "Er, heh-heh, you don't happen to have that camera on when you asked that, did you?  huh-hah."

[OOC:  I'll let the other people chime in to start this shebang.  I'll have more scripted scenes after Rich and some others chime in.]

--------------

David "David FoxFire" Gonterman of FoxFire Studios
http://foxfirestudios.net

Check out Johnny Briz, both here and there; my answer to Mickey Mouse!

Profile PM WEB ICQ AOL YIM
Subscribe to the Disney Echo
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Group: Super ModEARator
Posted: April 07, 2008, 12:37 am Quote

Rich thinks back to what happened earlier, at WDW the last time the group was all together before splitting up for a bit to take care of things at home before returning to meet up at Mickey's house in Celebration to continue the hunt...

Quote (DaveykinsFoxFire @ April 06, 2008, 7:07 pm)

On the back of the map was a series of strange markings.  Or what seemed strange until one realized they were seven pieces of the missing "D". The seven pieces appeared through the parchment and in view of the entire map of the Resort Area.  A secret watermark appeared as well through the light, revealing the words "Reedy Creek Improvement District."

Rich was watching a posting of Iger's announcement from the Disney Channel that someone put on Disney Echo TV on YouTube, chuckling, "Doesn't he know that Hannah Montana/High School Musical fans are just about the only ones who watch the Disney Channel nowadays? They're too "fer-sure" and "totally" to care enough to help out with this, I bet! That's why when I reposted the video to Disney Ech--  um, I mean why some Miley Cyrus fan posted it, yeah -- not me... Anyway, now that his announcement is also on Disney Echo TV and I put out the word to all EchoEars to help if they can, true Disney fans will get the word, all Disney EchoEars who can help take part in solving this puzzle will gather here at Walt Disney World to join us in decyphering the clues on this map. I just hope they don't have problems following the directions here to Mickey's house and don't get stopped trying to enter Celebration."

--------------
RichKoster
Disney Echo modEARator / administratEAR
“Dreams Do Come True Down In New Orleans.”
Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
DaveykinsFoxFire Offline
David Foxfire

Posted: April 07, 2008, 1:40 am Quote

Amber nodded to Rich as she made sure that her digicam is in order.  "Tell me about it.  Good thing you're hosting my Johnny films.  I'm getting a lot of good responses from Classic Disney Fans.  They're chomping at the bit for some JB/Mickey teaming up.  Speaking of which, Mickey, I have to ask?  Why the move to your Florida home?"

Mickey rocked at his heels.  "Well, heh-heh, I thought a base camp is in order, and since I have a side house that could bunk everybody--If I have a fourth Mickey Mouse Club, I'd have a place for the Mousketeers--who's in the treasure hunt.  But I've found something else that made this place just peachy."

Mickey took up a remote--Mouse-eared, of course--and with a series of ultra-high-tech bleeps and bloops, displayed the map on his High Definition TV.

"I had to get a crystal dining set for him to get that little toy."  Minnie's almost lyrical high-pitched voice flowed from the kitchen.

Johnny had to raise an eyebrow.  That thin screen television was home theater sized.

Minnie then stuck her head out, allowing the smell of her 'Famous' Apple Pies spill out.  "And just how long did it take for you to learn that thing?  Last time I checked, you had to enroll in a college course."

Mickey just swapped 'humphs' with his significant other, as he kept pushing buttons.  

The map screen not only zoomed to the Celebration piece . . .

"Now watch this!"

. . . but had a street map overlay on it, complete with a flashing "You Are Here!" marker, just on the outside of the 'X'.

Mickey proclaimed, "The Celebration Piece is right in my back yard."

He kept smiling for about five seconds.

Then he realized what that meant.

"Right in my Back Yard?  OhMyGosh!!  PLUTO!"

He ran to the back door so fast he left a smoke cloud.

--------------

RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: April 07, 2008, 10:20 am Quote

"Toons!", said Rich with a smile, trying his best to sound like Eddie Valiant in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Rich had promised Mickey that he wouldn't tell Minnie that it wasn't really necessary for Mickey to get that gigantic flat screen TV in order to display the map like that... they could simply use their iPhones to see all that, even remotely, but being a mouse, Mickey enjoyed uber-male-sized toys like that wall-to-wall TV screen. Plus, on their Toon salaries, Mickey and Minnie certainly could afford it, so no harm done, Rich thought.

It was a good thing that one of the missing pieces is buried right in Mickey's backyard here at Celebration. Rich had given Mickey's address as where to meet up when he asked all Disney EchoEars who could help solve the puzzle, not only the ones involved before, but new ones wishing to join up with the group now.

OOC (Out Of Character now, an aside notpart of the story): EchoEars, if you've played in this story game before, this explains your absence and gives you a chance now to rejoin us. For EchoEars new to this who want to play, simply reply and write something along the lines of you (or your character) knock on Mickey's door or ring his bell, enter Mickey's house at Celebration, then introduce yourself. Follow the rules Davey outlined above. The story here in chapter two has jumped forward to present day.

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
DiSNEYxFrEAK06 Offline
* Jessi *

Posted: April 07, 2008, 3:21 pm Quote

"Well, I guess this is the place!" Jessi commented to herself, matching the address on the printed invitation to the one etched on a mouse-shaped mailbox. Jessi smiled to herself at her accomplishment of not getting lost and walked toward the door. She had never been part of a treasure hunt before and was always up for a challenge. That, and she would love meeting the other EchoEar people!

"Here goes nothing!" she sighed as she knocked on the door. The door opened and Jessi couldn't help but smile when she saw Minnie Mouse holding a fresh-baked apple pie. "Hello!" she said sweetly.

"Uh, Hi.." Jessi replied, suddenly shy. "My name is Jessi...I'm here for the...uhh...scavenger hunt?"

OCC (out of character comment):: wow can you tell I've never done this before?? lol hahaha  :waver:

--------------
:Chip: * Jessi * :Dale:

:depp: "...You only fight to win, eh love?" :hearts:

:fireworks: :MagicKingdom: :fireworks:
Profile PM AOL
Minnie Offline
Minnie

Disney Weddings & Honeymoons forum ModEARator

Group: ModEARator
Posted: April 07, 2008, 5:51 pm Quote

"Silly!", Minnie giggled, "I remember you, Jessi! You came to see me many times in the parks. Don't you remember me waving to you from all the parades? Gosh! I didn't know you were an EchoEar like me. Small world, isn't it?!" exclaimed Minnie, then she giggled some more in her lovely, lyrical way.

"Come on in and make yourself at  home, Jessi.", said Rich, "Great to finally meet you! We can sure use your help."

--------------

Profile PM WEB
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: April 07, 2008, 6:14 pm Quote

Sounds of barking and Mickey's voice were still coming from the backyard.

"Jessi, would you like some of Minnie's freshly-baked apple pie or should we go out to the backyard and see what's up with the Big Cheese and his pooch?", asked Rich.

OOC: Jessi, you're doing fine!

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
DaveykinsFoxFire Offline
David Foxfire

Posted: April 08, 2008, 12:47 am Quote

As Mickey almost made skid marks on his hard wood floor (Much to the cleaning robot that resembled somewhat like Wall-E's dismay,) Johnny found himself with the remote.  "Heh, ain't it the rub?  50 billion channels on Satellite Television, and nothing is on."  He tossed the remote so that it'll land on a soft chair.

During flight, the opening music box strings of the Clannad Opening theme played.

Minnie had her hand on the remote before it landed on anything, and it didn't appear that she even traveled the distance between the kitchen to Mickey's comphy chair.  "Perfect timing!    I've just put the pies out to cool."

Meanwhile, as she heard the knock on the door to let in the new players, Mickey was nearly floored by what he saw in the back.  When Johnny arrived to see the giant mound of dirt where the back yard is supposed to be, he thought of only two things:  One is that the septic tank was backed up, which wasn't very likely, or that . . ."

Mickey sighed.  "I give that dog a place to dig to his hearts content, and he literary took my word on it.  Last time I've seen him do it, he done dig himself straight to China.  And if you think I'm joking, Johnathan, there's what he brought with him!"

Johnny looked at what Mickey pointed to,  "Goll-leee!  So that's what Pluto had in his mouth when I saw him being chased by Mulan on CNN," he said as he picked up the Olympic torch.  An Beijing 2008 Olympic torch.  "Didn't expect him to be a protester."

"Heh, that's what I thought at first.  But then I thought that it does look like a bone.  Not even a scratch on it too as he held it.  Let's find out if he did us a favor and dug that treasure up for us."

"Good thinking, Mickey.  Just be careful, will ya,"  Johnny looked around.  "You'll never know what else he done back here."

Mickey wondered what he meant by that, but then he remembered helping out set up a stunt for Amber:  Johnny would end up in a dog's back yard (Not Pluto's, of course) and inadvertently step on one of the said dog's "Land Mines"  There would be a staged explosion and Johnny would be launched up in the air thanks to an air ramp.  Mickey remembered Johnny pulling off that stunt perfectly, only that at the end, he really did step on one of those 'Land Mines'  Ew.

"Go on, Mickey."  Johnny said from behind him.  "You're supposed to be the leader and all that.  After you."

"Aw, you needn't be that worried.  Pluto!  Huh-hah, what'cha doing boy?  Getting a matching set of torches?  Finding a fossil for Doctor Oliver?  Throwing off Bugs?"

The series of barks, scratches, and whines from five feet below him telled Mickey that Pluto did indeed found something.  But by this time, he and Johnny heard the knock on the door as well.

OOC:  Don't worry about your inexperience, Jessi.  We were all nubies ones.  Just play along and have fun.  I just hope you can keep up with me. (Looks down on what's he's wearing under his Mousketeer Varsity Jacket:  A T-Shirt that said "I tried to be good, but I got bored.")

--------------

DiSNEYxFrEAK06 Offline
* Jessi *

Posted: April 08, 2008, 11:16 am Quote

Jessi smiled as she stepped in the cozy house that had the splendid aroma of freshly baked pie. "Of course I remember, Minnie!" she laughed, "I loved watching the parades!!" She didn't dare remind everyone of how she'd yell and cheer for her pals in the parade, even though they already knew.

"Jessi, would you like some of Minnie's freshly-baked apple pie or should we go out to the backyard and see what's up with the Big Cheese and his pooch?", asked Rich. Before Jessi could answer, they heard barking from the backyard. Curious of what happened, everyone gathered outside to see what the commotion was all about.

"Hot Dog! Good work, Pluto. Huh-ha!" Mickey cheered as he scratched Pluto behind his ear (he loved that! )

"What is it?" Jessi asked curiously.

Mickey looked at what Pluto found. It was wrapped in some kind of fabric. As mickey brushed off the dirt from the mysterious wrapped "thing" Pluto found, a parchment fell to the ground at Rich's feet... Rich picked it up and started reading it.

"What does it say, Rich?" Johnny asked eagerly, as he saw Rich's eyes widen.

OOC:: I know people hate cliff hangers, but I figured that someone else could describe what was found better...lol

:bowdown: I bow to everyone's brilliant imaginations!!!  :bowdown:

--------------
:Chip: * Jessi * :Dale:

:depp: "...You only fight to win, eh love?" :hearts:

:fireworks: :MagicKingdom: :fireworks:
Profile PM AOL
RichKoster Offline
Rich Koster

ModEARator

Posted: April 08, 2008, 1:11 pm Quote

OOC: Great job, Jessi! I'll let Davey reply before I chime in again -- and there is always the possiblity that other EchoEars will want to join in and "ring Mickey's doorbell" soon, too.
:waver:

--------------
RichKoster

Profile PM WEB MSN YIM
843 replies since April 06, 2008, 10:35 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Mouseke-Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (85) Jump to first page No Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next Page Jump to last page
Reply to Topic New Topic New Poll

Quick Reply: You Make a Story II: Disney Treasure Hunt
Mouseke-Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable MickEmoticons for this post?
Mouseke-Track this topic
View All MickEmoticons
View Mouseke-Code

Please Support Our Sponsors:
Disney Echo Amazon.com and Disney Echo Ink Shop
for Disney Echo Buttons!

Add your Disney picture to our EchoEars' Slideshow

Click here to get a Disney Echo Slideshow for your desktop!

The FANtasEARS Disney Fan Club and Disney Echo has been visited
times by Disney fans since June 18, 1998. We're glad you dropped by!

The Disney Echo is proud to be mentioned in PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line, and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

The Disney Echo is for like-minded individuals who gather here to discuss all aspects of The Walt Disney Company who have agreed to follow the Disney Echo Rules. All participants are welcome! We're not affiliated with nor endorsed by The Walt Disney Company, so you are free to share your opinions and join the fun Disney Spirit without having to toe the company line. Visit the official Disney web site by clicking here. The Disney Echo and FANtasEars Fan Club are not responsible for any damages that may be a result of the use of the information supplied on these pages. The viewer agrees to this by viewing the pages. Our Privacy Statement